9007 HID Plug and Play Kit

Evenflow

yellow snow cone lover
Nov 4, 2004
Mass
My buddy said he could get me a Prospekt 9007 Plug n Play HID Kit for around $150. I think its the 6000K version of the bulbs.

What does everyone think about the plug and play HID kits??

• Sponsors (?)

They are OK for more light output than stock, but the quality of the beam is not good due to the stock housings.

Plug and play kits can be had cheaper from vvme.com and eBay vendors if that is the route you want to go.

I am going to do a retrofit using aftermarket projector housings and oem hid projectors from other makes. That is the best setup for HID, but is more expensive and labor intensive.

The 6000K is what you'd want - it's a 'regular' pure white beam. I'm very happy with my plug and play setup...bought it from a friend used for $75. It's worlds better than the OEM setup. I had silverstars (both headlights and fog lights) and they don't even come close to comparing. I decided to shut my fog lights off as they now look like crap with the HIDs. I'm not looking to spend any heavy coinage on headlights, so this fit the bill perfectly. Dropping hundreds on "a retrofit using aftermarket projector housings and oem hid projectors" just isn't for me. I'd rather spend money on go-fast parts.
You'd be happy with a plug and play setup - that's the route most people go. $150 is a good price.

Incorrect way to get HID lighting. It's "hack" IMHO.

Retrofit HID projectors or don't bother. I hate getting blinded by cheap HID kits every night. That's the main reason I am against them. Most mods are usually only appreciated by the owner. HID lighting affects other people you share the road with. They are illegal for a reason

The plug and play kits are illegal???

Retrofit HID projectors or don't bother. I hate getting blinded by cheap HID kits every night. That's the main reason I am against them. Most mods are usually only appreciated by the owner. HID lighting affects other people you share the road with. They are illegal for a reason

My buddy said he could get me a Prospekt 9007 Plug n Play HID Kit for around $150. I think its the 6000K version of the bulbs.

What does everyone think about the plug and play HID kits??

Buy a kit off ebay, i did that a year ago and paid $150 for both fogs and head lights and they have worked great and look amazing, checkout the my photo.

I agree with you most hid's do blind people if they are not put in projector head lamps, but even people without hids still blind people, like those big f150s that have the head lights that point right into you back window. Its how the light is distributed is what counts. I actually point my down lower than stock so the beam stays low and it still give me much better light than stock, and stays out of cars mirrors/windows.

The plug and play kits are illegal???

Yes completely. They are not DOT certified since their beam was never subjected to approval. Even if they were put to the test they would fail. They do not project light properly at all.

The only legal HID conversion is to use OEM parts. If you have an '05 Mustang, and you get HID's off an '09 Bullitt or Saleen, you can put them on your '05 legally since they are DOT approved and certified.

Legal? Bah. You're telling me you've never installed anything that was technically not legal for on road cars? With proper installation and alignment, you'll be fine. And I'd bet 95% (or more) of the SN-95 Mustangs you've seen with HIDs are using one of these plug and play setups.

Retrofits are not rice.

Even if they were, adding HIDs to the stock housings would be more ricer than retrofitting the stock housings with proper projectors.

There is nothing wrong with having a "proper" beam pattern with "proper" cut-off instead of just throwing light everywhere with stock housings.

I'm not gonna spend a chit load on a hack job retrofit=rice IMHO. Plug and play is inexpensive AND looks good.

So in other words, taking the time to project the beam properly is rice, while slapping a cheap kit in and blinding everyone is not rice? Last time i checked, a TRUE hid setup with a SHARP cut-off line looked 100X better than a PNP kit with haze and hot spots all over.

Why is the word rice even being used? What does this have to do with imports?

Try going over to HID Retrofit Parts Projectors Ballasts D2S Bulbs and just mention the thought of installing a plug and play kit on a car. Posters are flamed as if youthey posted about putting clear taillights on a Mustang here. They are looked down upon by "HID enthusiasts"

Slapping a $100 HID kit is easy and cheap...that's basically what it comes down to.