90mm mass air

nick_94cobra

Dec 20, 2006
hey everyone

I've got a 331 stroker, i'm running a 73mm c&l trueflow pipe right now, i'd really like to upgrade to a 90mm mass air, but i'm having a little trouble finding a setup. what are you guys running? i'd like to run cold air induction, but if it's not possible, that's ok. after making 325hp at the rear wheels with my setup now, my tuner reccomended getting more air into the engine. any help would be appreciated.

nick

• Sponsors (?)

I'm wondering if this is a just guess by the tuner based on your present setup. Unless you are creating a vacuum between the mass air and the TB I don't see where increasing the mass air size will help. You might want to try this to confirm whether or not a vacuum is created.
Install a tap behind each component in the inlet track, make a dyno pull or a WOT run on the street in low or second gear and read the vacuum gauge. If it's "0" there are no losses and, therefore, upgrading components will not help. However, if there is a 4" Hg reading - that's 2 psi of lost atmospheric boost and 20HP (1 psi=10HP).

i may have misspoke earlier. my tuner wasn't just recommending getting a bigger maf, he said i needed to get more air into the engine to make more power. i'm running a c&l trueflow pipe, which i believe is about a 73mm mass air, a 70mm throttle body, and a peformer rpm upper and lower. what should i change on this setup to make more power?

i may have misspoke earlier. my tuner wasn't just recommending getting a bigger maf, he said i needed to get more air into the engine to make more power. i'm running a c&l trueflow pipe, which i believe is about a 73mm mass air, a 70mm throttle body, and a peformer rpm upper and lower. what should i change on this setup to make more power?

You can get a 75mm throttle body and have the intake ported to fit. (Most intakes are not big enough for a 75mm TB)

Also, I'd look into running something bigger than the performer. I'll be running the performer on my H/C/I 302. Go with the TrickFlow Track Heat intake... It's a bigger intake for a decent price.

With that stroker ... I move away from the longest runner upper :)

I'd certainly not change brands of intakes :eek:

Just finding a shorter length runner in the Edel line of intakes
makes the most sense to me :shrug:

I just could not say with certainty ...
a 75tb will make more power than a 70tb

About the size of intake pipe

Look at some info WhiteDevil posted :D

Grady