Progress Thread 91 Mustang Door Chime

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 01GTSTANGER, Feb 16, 2013.

1. 01GTSTANGER

01GTSTANGER Member

I know everybody on here is going to think I'm crazy but I was wondering if anybody has a good LOUD working door chime module they would like to get rid of. I'm so stupid a few times now I have left my lights on and it would be nice to have a reminder lol. Mine is so low you can only hear it if there's no other noise!! Anyways if you do please let me know and I will gladly take it off your hands thanks!

2. jrichker

jrichker StangNet's favorite TOOL SN Certified Technician Founding Member

You are not alone in being forgetful about turning the lights off, I have done the same thing several times. I gave some thought to home-brewing a timer setup like the ones on newer cars that turns the lights off automatically when you get out of the car. A 555 timer chip, a relay and some glue logic would be all that was needed. I got started on the logic flows and never finished... Another good idea without sufficient motivation to pursue it to the end....

3. 01GTSTANGER

01GTSTANGER Member

Really guys come on I know somebody disconnected theirs because it was annoying lol