91 THROTTLE CABLE ADAPTER

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by PARANTO, Mar 15, 2010.

1. PARANTO

PARANTO New Member

Hello ALL,

I am new to the site, and already have a question! I had recently bought some chrome Ford Racing vlave covers for my 302 from Latemodelrestoration.com

which I am sure you all knwo bout, but if not they have a lot of good stuff there.

Anyway, after installing them I am having a problem with the throttle cable going back on dur to the new height of the valve covers. Does anyone know, do they have or make any kind of spacers or do I have to fabricate another bracket. I would rather not have to do that incase of problems, but I can't see myself being the only person with this problem.

Thanks for any help, Mark:shrug:
  2. Wraith413

Wraith413 Member

Welcome to :SNSign: ,Mark. I'm sure somebody here has run into this problem. Maybe you can post in the appropriate Tech forum on here to find the answer.
  3. LRSjmac

LRSjmac Premium Sponsor

Mark, most times with aftermarket intakes & valve covers you have to run a 3/8" inake spacer to clear the throttle bracket. If your car is a 5 speed, the other option is to do a little grinding on the bracket itself & also elongate the bolt holes to shift it up slightly.
  4. timeless2

timeless2 Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici Admin Dude

Welcome, mate! :)