93 2.3 mustang trans problem

ncplaya88

Aug 19, 2008
I was on my way to work an was coming to a red light an it died when i came to a stop, like not pushing the clutch in on a manual. I needed to get out of the road, i started it back, put in drive an died. I tried it again an this time reved it up an it bumped into drive an i got to a pull off. I sat there for a minute an started it up an put it in drive but nothing. I wouldnt move. I could rev it up to about 5000 rpm an move maybe 5 mph. I sat there for even longer an needed to get down the road. So i reved it at 5000 rpm moving only maybe 5 mph an moved a pretty good way an then bam it started going just fine all the way to the house except a slight vibration. If i came to a stop on the way it would die an would have to rev it an move untill it started again. Now its home an i cant even move it. Everytime i put it in gear it dies. In park it will run ok, it just seems to have a vibration when it idles but not a bad one. The trans fluid is good.....but im thinking i might have caused the problem now the more i think. The old a4ld slipped real bad an i had this one laying around so i put it in. My car is a 93 an i swapped in a older a4ld out of a mustang. The lockup on the side of the trans from the one i pulled was a 3 wire connector. The one i put in was a 2 wire, I just matched up the colors an left one wire unhooked. It seemed fine.....drove the car for a month an hafe with no problems an now this. I have tried unhooking it, disconnecting the battary. What do you think is wrong with my car? The torque convertor? Engine problem? Trans problem?.........detail lol

• Sponsors (?)