93-95 Lightning 351?

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
Hey guys I know the 351 subject's prolly been beat to death...I couldn't really find everything while searching. So anyway I have a chance to get a 95 Lightning Longblock for $1800. Think this would be a good route to go? I was thinking I could drop it in using all the 95 Cobra R parts so that it'd be like a factory fit. Does this sound feesable? We own a salvage business so I get hookups on parts, and anything I get from the dealer or Ford Racing is wholesale...so i think this may be a way to build a pretty cheap beast...Am I right? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

LOL no it's not the whole lightning..just the complete Longblock. The swap parts won't be a problem I just want to know how smart a way it is to go for the money, I was hoping to get by with the stock cobra ecu and 24's...maybe not?...I believe the stock lighning head are the same GT40's as on my cobra motor. I'm looking at this idea for the reliability to power ratio. Far as weight I figured if I did do this I could throw on some alumnium heads and maybe a tubular K to make up for it. I'm assuming since my tranny's a tremec 3550 then it'd work fine since I believe the 95 R had the same. I'm looking for 375-400 N/A horsies to be easily done, not to be built to the hill. Any positive or negative feedback or ideas are appreciated.

well as a matter of fact i just wrecked my 95 and the insurance just took it...so if you live in the miami area you might want to check that out. the engine was fine, the would have fixed it but my frame was bent....and there are some long tubes on there too. but if you don't live in miami, fl or near there then you are out of luck.