93 aod wont go

briordan

Mar 31, 2011
Hello all, I am new to the forum and was looking for some advice. I just purchased a 93 mustang gt with 41000 miles on it and couldn't be more happy with my find. I have one issue with it currently and think it may be because it sat too long. The car runs like a bat out of hell untill it hits 3000 rpms and then it just feels like it chokes. You can drive the car all day, just cant floor it. I thought at first it could have been my cats so I removed them. Still the same issue. I replaced the fuel filter, not it. I am thinking it could only be a fuel or air issue. Where do I start. The idle is great smooth as glass. I checked the timing and it was retarded quite a bit and I remembered from my old stang to advance it to 13 bltd so I did that and removed the air restrictor in the fender as well. Car is even more punchy down low, but still seems to starve as soon as you get into the rpm. It feels like if it had a carb I am running on my primaries and the secondaries weren't opening. In addition I replaced my plug wires, plugs, cap and rotor thinking it was ignition related. Not it. HELP please!

• Sponsors (?)