Engine 93 cobra heads ?

i just bought a pair of F3ZE AA heads that were on a 351 w, from what i understand these are 93 cobra heads. My question is do i have to upgrade my intake,valve covers,headers?? i know i have to change bolts as these are 1/2 in and 5.o are 7/16 i believe. also i was going to look into porting,Also i want to do a cam but dont know what to get as i never had gt40 heads before. i got these heads at a good price and just curious as to what upgrades, porting ect... would be good for these heads. its all going on a 91 lx 5sp. Any input would be great thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The 351 uses 1/2 bolts, you are right. But you will still use 7/16. I personally don't use the sleeves they sell to "properly" align the bolts because of the size difference. It's only a difference of .0625, when you split it your looking at .031 per side. Never had a problem. As for the heads if you are going to run an aftermarket cam I would get a better set of valve springs. You can get advice on here for the cam and springs or just call one of the cam manufacturers, they will help you.

Invest the minimum in the heads.
They are an ok budget mod, maybe some springs and a valve job, but they are not worth spending money to port.
Not sure what you paid, but they are about a $250 set of heads.
IMO, don't go over a $500 total investment in them, anymore than that and you could find a set of used aluminum heads that unworked easily outflow ported gt40 irons.

i paid 275 which i didnt think it was bad since i seen some stock explorer heads go for 3-350. i am on a budget so all of this stuff helps me out. It seems they have very little use so i might change springs and cam and sell once i can afford aluminum, thanks for the advice :nice:

i paid 275 which i didnt think it was bad since i seen some stock explorer heads go for 3-350. i am on a budget so all of this stuff helps me out. It seems they have very little use so i might change springs and cam and sell once i can afford aluminum, thanks for the advice :nice:
Wise choice, use them, have a little fun and when you done with them you should be able to get all your money back out of them.