93 Cobra Intake Plaque or something else?

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
Cheapest one I've found is $40 shipped. Any one find a source cheaper? Or have a better idea for making a 94-95 Cobra Intake look better? BTW - I just painted mine black and cleared it. I thought about filling in the etched design with red paint... but I'm not sure my hand is that steady anymore. :nonono:

Looking for ideas.... :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

gcomfx.com said:
Cheapest one I've found is $40 shipped. Any one find a source cheaper? Or have a better idea for making a 94-95 Cobra Intake look better? BTW - I just painted mine black and cleared it. I thought about filling in the etched design with red paint... but I'm not sure my hand is that steady anymore. :nonono:

Looking for ideas.... :spot:

Just bite the bullet and get the $40 plaque as it'll look better than painting the '95 molded logo. I need a new plaque for my '93 cobra intake (I did the Fox conversion as I think the SN Cobras are a bit hard on the eyes) and haven't been able to find one under $40 either.
Tim

the plaque on my 94/95 cobra dosent come off :shrug:

what i did tho was taped off the whole intake except the plaque area and sprayed it with high temp black.

after that dried i took a hand sander with 400grit, then went to 600 to get all the black paint off the top of the letters and raised area of the snake. then i went over the COBRA part with red and i think it looks :nice:

if you dont have a hand sander you can just wrap a block of wood with the sand paper to keep it flat on the raised areas

Right, it doesn't come off.... but the 93 Cobra plaque is a metal sticker that covers it and looks pretty sweet. My only problem is it's expensive and I'm not sure it'll stick to the black engine paint and clear I sprayed the intake with. I was going to tape that area off but my friend shot the molded in plaque area with the bead blaster some. :bang:

I may just leave the whole thing black and be done with it. Down the road if the paint cures (when the engine warms up) then I might get the 93 cobra plaque and stick it on there.