93 cobra intake

bigap15

Apr 9, 2005
Just bought a 93 cobra intake, and im wonderin whats my options for an intake elbow. I know trick flow makes one, and ive seen a few other before but cant seem to find none of them now. Would appreciate some links to some other ones. Also is there anything else ill have to do to put the intake on.

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC the elbow on the 93 cobra upper will not work as the 93 cobra has the EGR plate built/cast into the upper. That means if you add the elbow (or fox egr plate for that matter) you will be off on your hookups. I think you have to go fox t-body swap.

Someone may make a diff. elbow but as far as I know thats the deal. You could always trade someone for a diff. gt40 upper.

o i think i see what ure sayin, So bout the only way im gonna get this to work is do the fox body tb swap. So if i get the egr tube off of a fox body, the tube that goes from the header to the intake or whatever, it will bolt right up. wat if i just get the egr tube off of the fox, and block off the egr on the elbow. Not sure if that will work. Im confused.

Bout how much can i get all the foxbody swap stuff for.

Only our 94-95's have that tube. Ford changed the egr system for our years. We have what is called an external EGR that gets its stuff from the header. The fox was an internal EGR setup that had passages cast into the upper and lower intake to circulate the gasses.

There is no tube on the fox's. If your wanting to keep your t-body setup you will need to swap the upper (all gt40 uppers will interchange like the explorer, tube, 93 cobra, and 94-95 cobra) for either a tube style upper, 94-95 upper, or explorer upper and buy the elbow and everything will match up.

There is ALOT of info on here, search the topic and you will find all the info needed.

Basicly since you have the 93 upper that has the egr pre-cast or built into the upper already you will not need the egr plate part of the swap, just the t-body. The search will give you very detailed install and part lists needed to do the swap.

Go for the Fox TB swap!

I'm glad I did mine, and it's not hard at all (it does take a little extra effort if you want to keep cruise control and I did).

I fabbed up a cap for the EGR tube on the header (some guys just bend it over), and I run an internal EGR using a Fox EGR valve. I can send you pictures of the install and setup if you're interested. Just PM me your email addy.

Did you get the EGR with the intake??...The 93 has and electric EGR that just bolts to the side..you should be good to go if you have that..plug&play Im pretty sure..

Did you get all the bolts for the upper...2 middle ones are 93 specific at 7" long.

I have run that set-up but not with EGR and I swapped over to Fox TB.

Your not the first guy to get one then go...CHIT!!!...How does it hook up...:D

21878.jpg

Ive searched for the fox body swap and i find all the stuff i need. My only question is it says i need a egr plate or egr delete plate. I know i dont need this because its cast into my upper. But it doesnt say anything else about egr. Do i use my egr equipment or wat. I wish i knew more about the 87-93 5.0 motors cause im stumped. lol.

Nope didnt get the egr or the bolts. wats my options here. Can i just block off the egr, and do the egr delete or watever. And also will the 2 bolts me easy to find. like can i just go to parts store and find the bolts. I havent paid for the intake yet, ive just told my friend that i want it, he bought it and decided not to use it so hes gonna sell it. If im gonna have alot of trouble im just gonna back out.

Easiest way around is to delete the EGR...Some dont recommend it but I been running 4 yrs without it..

If you do a fow swap your need the ERG delete plate as its how you hook ther fox throttle cable up....UPR sells em

The 7" bolts can be had...I ordered new ones myself.

youll need a EGR block off plate...believe UPR also sells it...or make it yourself.

youll need to revamp your vac feeds...Does the upper have the vac tree with it??? Its a metal tri-tube looking affair...

Then you need to round up your swap parts and make a CAI set-up...weigh these issues BEFORE you buy it...a 95 Cobra specific would be a much wiser choice...I did the 93 Cobra as i always wanted one...so i did the hassle work.. your choice....wanna play you pay....:D

just talked to the boy, said it does come wit the vac tree and the upper to lower bolts. i told him i was little iffy bout the intake now. I dont wanna get it and then spend enough money just to get a good used trick flow intake.

RIO5.0 said:
If you do a fow swap your need the ERG delete plate as its how you hook ther fox throttle cable up....UPR sells em
Hey RIO, I'm not too familiar with the '93 Cobra intake other than it has an integral EGR setup instead of an EGR plate. Wouldn't that render the EGR delete plate after the TB useless? Only GT40, stock H.O., and aftermarket Fox intakes use the EGR plate, IIRC.

Or were you just talking about the thin cover that peeps sell to block off the side of the intake where the EGR valve goes?

Your call...You wouldnt be the first guy to buy one then turn around and sell it...Its by no means a direct swap...By the time you buy the intake for his price and add another 200.00 easy in rounding up parts, plus the hassle
& fab time...see where I'm going here...:D

If your looking for the easiest swap...Get the 95 Cobra...no elbows, no BS.