93 Cobra Motor

• Sponsors (?)

taylorsomero86 said:
Well I bought the car a few weeks ago. Its got 100,000 miles saleen ground effects, racecraft susp. 17 x 9 cobras new t-5 and ram clutch, and new set of 3:73s. I pd 4700 for it so its not like i paid xtra money for the motor. Im not sure how rough the stock cobra cam idles but my car idles pretty rough. Im just wondering why my car has a boost guage and the guy I bought it from had a vortech v-1 on his 91 convt.and yes it does have the cast iron gt 40 heads

Hmm...do you think you could get some pics of your car and post them up on here...engine, undercarriage, etc, pictures so we can pinpoint what you got or atleast what is visible...

It's kind of weird how he has got "new" 373's, new trans and clutch...and sold it for that...and not to many people actually have that racecraft suspension...I wonder if he just got that "idea" from the saleen ground effects...

All that 93 Cobra motor talk makes me nervous about what you do and don't have...

Just get some pics for us...I'm just curious...glad to hear you joined the 5.0 crowd... :nice:

Hmm...yeah when I took my pictures on the digital camera they are to big...you have to resize them...I think you can only do two a time or something like that anyways...make the pictures smaller...

Check out Saleen's website and look at their suspension components and see if you can see any of them on your car...

Post up them pics... :nice:

taylorsomero86 said:
I cant seem to be able to upload pictures, says my file is too big or something. Also im wondering how could I tell if it is racecraft susp or not

The racecraft suspension isn't nothing fancy really.

It's Monroe GP shocks and struts with Saleen Racecraft lowering springs.

That suspension setup is pretty outdated. Any good modern shock and spring combo that's matches can outdo it.

Where did you get the info that it had racecraft suspension? does it say it on the side instead of the 5.0 decal??

The springs should say Saleen on them and be red i beleive.

some pics

Attachments

• DSCN4337.JPG
    DSCN4337.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN4338.JPG
    DSCN4338.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 64
Yup, stock GT valve covers.

Also, racecraft on the fender doesn't mean it's in the wheel wells. Most Saleens came with this on the fender, so he might have put it on to complete the look