93 COBRA R prices are CRAZY

• Sponsors (?)

I still don't understand the 93 Cobra R. Yeah, I know it's a collectors car, but it is still just a 1993 Mustang with 240HP.....look out!!!!!! No radio, no a/c, who would want that? Not me. Give me my old black notch back and I'd be happy with that over a 93 R.

Even with the 98 Cobra included....what's a 98 Cobra worth?? 10K. Yeah, people ask 15-18K for 98's with around that many miles, but they can ASK whatever they want. Doesn't mean they'll get it. So 85K for a 93 R still = crazy.

I still don't understand the 93 Cobra R. Yeah, I know it's a collectors car, but it is still just a 1993 Mustang with 240HP.....look out!!!!!! No radio, no a/c, who would want that? Not me. Give me my old black notch back and I'd be happy with that over a 93 R.
Agree....cool collector, but nothing special from a driving standpoint. At least nothing that can't be duplicated fairly inexpensively with a run of the mill GT or LX.

Agree....cool collector, but nothing special from a driving standpoint. At least nothing that can't be duplicated fairly inexpensively with a run of the mill GT or LX.

Even if I were rich and collected cars just for rarity....I wouldn't waste my money on that.

Exactly boys.

If I was a collector with unlmited funds like Jay Leno...sure I'd buy one. But if I was just an average joe with a lot of funds, but not overkill funds.....I would pass on it and buy an old 67-68 Shelby GT500 factory stock, or a well built Eleanor car for a little bit more.

100-100K Eleanor car > than any 50-80K 93 R. Just my .02

Exactly boys.

If I was a collector with unlmited funds like Jay Leno...sure I'd buy one. But if I was just an average joe with a lot of funds, but not overkill funds.....I would pass on it and buy an old 67-68 Shelby GT500 factory stock, or a well built Eleanor car for a little bit more.

100-100K Eleanor car > than any 50-80K 93 R. Just my .02

Yeah....I wonder if Jay just buys cars that he thinks are cool....or if he has a business sense about it.

I'd say from a business sense of car collecting, a $95k R is not a very good choice.

I guess if you just wanted to have one of everything....then maybe. :shrug:

Yeah....I wonder if Jay just buys cars that he thinks are cool....or if he has a business sense about it.

I'd say from a business sense of car collecting, a $95k R is not a very good choice.

I guess if you just wanted to have one of everything....then maybe. :shrug:

Every time I see Leno on the Speed Channel or TLC he acts like a real enthusiast, he definitely likes the cool cars (and the strange ones).