93 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L 30k original miles *value?

mixmaster

Mar 28, 2006
hi guy,

I'm lookin at buying a 93 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L Convertible with 30k original miles. the car is immaculate, practically new. my father is life long mustang die hard but i don't really keep in touch with him, anyways I was wondering wht you guys think about this stang? do you think it's gonna go up or at least retain its current value? I have now idea what people think about these vehicles. I have checked compleated auctions on ebay and i saw the same car with 60k fetch $9,000.what should i pay for the one i'm lookin at? please let me know what you think

thanx for all the help

• Sponsors (?)

Price really depends on the area you live in. Look through autotrader to get an idea of what they are going for in that neighborhood.

I'd probably pay 7 or 7.5 but I am not in the market.

The cars with less than 10K miles are fetching around 9,000 and 10,000 dollars on ebay. Just food for thought.

Brett_347_LX said:
I had 23K miles on mine when I sold it and I only got 7,700 and it had a 347 and other goodies :(

...yes but dont forget someone who is gonna dish out high dollars for a car with under 25k is probably looking for something all original, and a 347 definatly isnt :)

why do you want a car with such low miles, if your gonna drive the hell out of it. for the money you can get a car thats built right.

The value of verts, is wayy lower than coupes or even hatches as well keep that in mind. I passed up a mint 90 lx vert SE (7 up car) with 50k on it for 6,500.. if that helps you

S&B said:
why do you want a car with such low miles, if your gonna drive the hell out of it. for the money you can get a car thats built right.

The value of verts, is wayy lower than coupes or even hatches as well keep that in mind. I passed up a mint 90 lx vert SE (7 up car) with 50k on it for 6,500.. if that helps you

He is right, Convertables dont bring the money like a notch or hatch.
If is it some thing you are going to drive or mod....dont spend your money on something like that....if you are going to put it in a garage and not drive it much and keep it stock...it say 10K is max i would pay

Personally, i wouldn't go for the vert LX. It's another 200-300 lbs heavier. But that is if you/your dad is looking at making this 5.0 a runner. I bought and sold my 92 notch for 6500...but I had much mileage on the thing. I'm from the south east coast, though.

I paid $5500.00 for mine with only 16K on it. Just got lucky I guess, it came from an estate sale, and the guy that got it just wanted a quick buck and no hassel. This was not his type of ride. He said he had absolutly no interest in the car, it was just a car. Well he got his quick buck. Oh and I didnt buy it to look @ it either. I bought it to drive it, which I do, everyday. Iv'e put 10K on it since iv'e owned it since Aug. 2005. Love the dern thing, rides great and tight. I was offered $9000.00 for it about 2 months ago. Turned it down, guy went and paid 7K for a 92 LX with 60K on the odometer, and that car was rough on the edges, with a ???? on whether someone was in the engine already. I say keep hunting and get exactly what you want. However the fox body's in good shape are getting scarce.