Engine 93 Lx 5.0 Swap

jonathan myers

Mar 29, 2016
I have a 93 mustang lx that was originally a 4cyl But was swapped to a 302 my dad bought for me when I graduated in 2013 And we've been trying to figure out what engine is in it but we haven't been able to it has a cobra intake on it but those can just be put on one we've looked for the numbers but we haven't been able to find them so I wanted to know if cobra blocks have the numbers in a different spot the most 5.0s or if they are in fact in the same spot of you can help me with my problem it would be much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Well that that thing when we for the car it was pieced to together it doesn't have the right ecu the 4cyl and 8cyl engine and external harness are chopped and wired together whoever has it before was in the process of something but we know nothing about wiring as for the numbers on the heads and the injectors if I recall the injectors we're either orange or green I had to change them a while back so and as for the numbers idk is have to go take a look at it again. I know theyd be on the back of the heads.

Casting code for the block is by the starter. You'll probably have to remove the starter to see it. Should be in this format (3B8) number - letter - number. 3B8 was cast on Feb. 8th 1993. - http://www.mustangtek.com/FordDateDecoding.html

86 - 93 is the same block casting.

The engine harness can run standalone of the car harness. Which sounds like its what they did.

As long as your mass air efi then you can use most of the parts from 89 - 93 as far as the engine goes. There are minor differences between the years on the chassis so if you know the year then just buy parts for that year chassis. If you don't know the year of your chassis there is a metal plate stapled onto the driver side bumper mount that has all the chassis numbers.