Electrical 93 Lx 5.0 Timing Advance Issues Need Help Bad

Connect a 560 ohm 1/2 watt resistor on the white/pink wire that has the 2.7 volts on it. Connect the other end of the resistor to a good ground. Then go through the voltage measurements again.

See Radio Shack for the resistor.
Radio Shack 560 ohm 1/2 watt resistor, 5 pack, Model: 271-1116 | Catalog #: 271-1116
$1.49

• Sponsors (?)

I can try that, I think im understanding correctly. Can you maybe kinda pain the picture ? One side of resistor to circuit wire then other side to ground?
Yes.
If there is some small leakage, the 560 ohm resistor will pull that to ground. The resistance is large enough that you won't draw enough current to damage anything, but still pull down any stray leakage voltage to 0 or a very low value.

If that does the trick, then we need to go looking for the source of that voltage leak...

Ok cool good idea man, that circuit only gets 12v key in start all the way forward position. .. that resistor going to ground wont ground and short that 12v in start will it?

Ok just verified 4.5 volts coming right out of pin 30 on pcm. I clipped 5 inches from plug I put a new pcm in a week or so ago and that did nothing . Im on my way to radio shack now to pick up the resistor.

The resistor to ground got it down to 1.5v, car still will not advance timing until its completely grounded to 0volts. If I bypass the resistor and go straight to ground it will operate correctly, however at that point car wont restart since the start wire is completely grounded

The resistor to ground got it down to 1.5v, car still will not advance timing until its completely grounded to 0volts. If I bypass the resistor and go straight to ground it will operate correctly, however at that point car wont restart since the start wire is completely grounded
Then you have a leak from another circuit that is connected to the same wire or some undiagnosed problems in the TFI module circuit. It's time to start looking at what is sharing the wire.