93 MAF meter on a 95?

saleenx029

Jun 10, 2004
Cincinnati, Ohio
Will a 93 MAF meter work on a 95 gt? I have noticed the Air Intake Charge sensors are in different locations, and a stock 93 5-speed comp will not work in a 95,car will blow out white smoke and run bad, anyone ever doen this 93 to 95 MAF meter swap?

• Sponsors (?)

I had one off my 93' on my 95' for a short period of time. They work the same. The only difference is the flange. The air inlet temperature sensor is nrelated to the mass air flow meter. A lot of the 86'-93' guys relocate the sensor to the air intake hose (like it comes stock on the 94'-95') because it works better up there.

Kurt

revhead347 said:
I had one off my 93' on my 95' for a short period of time. They work the same. The only difference is the flange. The air inlet temperature sensor is nrelated to the mass air flow meter. A lot of the 86'-93' guys relocate the sensor to the air intake hose (like it comes stock on the 94'-95') because it works better up there.

Kurt

Yeah, what he said!

I used the Pro-M 87-93 meter on my car with no problems either.

So what is the difference between the two sensors. Autozone wants $40 more for a 94-95 MAF!!!

I am thinking of getting a new maf because of a detonation problem. So if I can save the money, then I just might get it soon.
Scott