'93 notch lowered is terrable

34Ford

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
Western North Carolina
A friend just bought a '93 notch with the 4 cylinder automatic and it has the 5 lug spindles and 4:10 rear 5 lug. It has Cobra R wheels and its been lowered.

I took a ride in it and he hit a bump in the road and I thought the dash was gonna fall off!!!! I mean it was like BAM!!!. Freeking hard.

Im thinking these springs have been either torched or cut and no way can they be factory lowered springs. I may be wrong but can anyone relate to this type of hack job?

• Sponsors (?)

the four cylinder springs are crap, people use them to power their cars. Get yourself some stock 5.O springs and it will raise it a little and give it a meaner stance. I had a 4 banger notch too and those 4cylinder springs suck.

My 4cyl notch was like that when I first installed the "C" springs. Its settled down now but still rides a little rougher than my 5.0 with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. The "C" springs didnt really lower my car so maybe someone installed some aftermarket lowering springs and cut em down when they were dissapointed that it didnt drop.

Update. More info.

I have a update.

I have found out that his notch has some kinda air bags inside of each coil spring and he told me something about he is going to have to buy a compressor for it also.

This is looking worse every minute. Thanks for the help guys. Im thinking it may be cheaper to put a set of springs in his car rather than pay $300 for a compressor. :nice:

BrutalStang said:
the whole set up sounds pretty bad, he probably cut the factory springs.

i have felt a car like that before though feels like its riding on the axles right?

Oh yes. When he hit that bump in the road, I honestly wonder if it even has the rubber bump stops!!!!!!!! It was like metal to metal. :fuss:

I got 4 banger springs... didn't seem to lower it much but the ride is pretty good. It's cool to virtually only see the hood when dumping the clutch with some traction... (weight transfer) :D

what color are his springs...he has air bags...is it a custom bagged suspension? of does it have drag springs that were cut...people put bags in thier springs to help the weight transfer and how the car launches at the track..find out what color the springs are and if they have any type of writing on them at all

BlownStangGT said:
what color are his springs...he has air bags...is it a custom bagged suspension? of does it have drag springs that were cut...people put bags in thier springs to help the weight transfer and how the car launches at the track..find out what color the springs are and if they have any type of writing on them at all

I have unknown lowering springs in my car with the airbags in the rear.Doesnt ride to harsh either.The springs are a light blue in colour.Any idea on what brand they may be?