93 Parts going into a 95?

stangz4life

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
tampa,fl
ok well i going to sell my 93 gt, and i have a 95 gt to put everything into now my question is can i use everything from my 93 and swap it into my 95? like motor, trans, clutch things like that. im looking for eveything i can and cant use all the way down to the little things in the engine comp. like the fuel pressure reg. could you 94-95 guys please help me out i am trying to see what i have to order. Well thanks in advance hope everyone can help me out dont wanna waste any $$ on stuff i dont need.

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I know everything is a direct swap if u swap the computer over with it. The only thing you need to change is the driveshaft. You might want to get an electric fan, though. There might be more, but I'm not sure.

TrueBlue95GT said:
As far as I know everything is a direct swap if u swap the computer over with it. The only thing you need to change is the driveshaft. You might want to get an electric fan, though. There might be more, but I'm not sure.

It seems to me that he could just use the pcm that is in the 95.

All of the pulley set up is differrent on the 95 I think, but then again, he could use the 95 stuff.

I think there are differences in the clutch also.

The afpr is different.

Later
Grady

well the 95 i am getting has a running motor already in it so i will have all brackets and electric fan in it im am just saying i look thru parts in catalogs and some are diff 87-93 and 94-95 i saw fuel pressure regulator and things like that.

Well the FPR is different in 94-95's because the fuel rails are different. If you kept the 93 rails on there the 93 fpr would work. Since he's using the same transmission and engine from the 93, the clutch should work. The only difference will be that the driveshaft on the 95's is longer than the 93's. If he used the computer that was in the 95, he would just be downgrading computers and he would have to modify most of the connections anyway, so why not stay with the A9L?

its not the driveshaft thats neccessarily different........the bell in the 93's are differetn (shorter) than the 94-95's...... so you just have to use all of one setup or all of another.........with an AL driveshaft you should be fine......only thing you might would have to buy depending on how much of the DS splines up on the output shaft in the tranny would be a driveshaft spacer. Those are like 10$

you will also have to change the speed sensor from the 95 to the 93 tranny.....our cars don't have a speedo cable

keep the 93 pressure regulator etc. on the 93 rails it will be fine..........

You will have to put the 93 computer and harness in the 95.......as some connectors for certain sensors etc. are different

you will have to use a 95 model water pump etc. for the water pump pullie to line up with the rest of them.....
thats all i can think of for now..........

jason

You have a 95 donor car so you should be good to go...the fuel rails are different as well as the hook-locations and possibly the hard line routing??...i would stay with as much 95 stuff as possible....
The Fox w/pump is different to, hose connection location and rotation I believe, dizzy is different, TFI is on it, ours isn't...Most externals are different...
longblock stuff is the same..

ok so i can use the engine as a whole with the elbow adapter..with the 95 brackets..i think i am going to go with a tremec trans when i do this(ill hae more questions later for that) ..i am going to use the 95 comp. i dont think it is wise to start moding the wireing harness. but what about all the sensors on the block are all in same locations ill be fine if i just get new sensors that are for 95 they will plug right up ? correct. clutch is the same correct?i think i will just go with the 95 fuel rails and get another fuel pressure reg. no bigie.Is the flywheel the same?i know the alt. is diff. My longtubes and short h-pipe i cant use right?Mass air meter is diff i think it mounts diff. throttle body is diff i think.i wish i could reach up to the 5.0 gods and they could make me a dummy list of what i can use and cant use...lol well if you can confirm my thoughts or just tell me the right stuff i greatly appreciate it and thanks so far for the replys.