94 5.8 efi and EAOD trans

Slobin3d

Aug 29, 2011
I'm picking up a 94 5.8 and Newly rebuilt EAOD trans out of a 4x4 F-150. The engine won't crank, and were not sure if it's a starter issue, if something is broken in the engine or if something is wrong with the trans. Either way it's $200 for everything including the ECM. I'm wanting to build this motor up for my 72 mustang project. I want to use the motor as a Carb'd engine so that I can still use the Ram Air. Unless there is a really good reason to stick with the EFI.

I've been looking into a 408 setup and performance heads so really I'm using just the block. My real question I guess is will the EFI stuff fit on any 351 windsor, My buddy who owns the other cars in my Pic wants the 351 thats currently in the car and the efi. Will the more modern intake fit the old block and heads?

And second the trans should be a EAOD in 94. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort and can it be done to convert it to 2wd seeing as it was just rebuilt(assuming it's not F'd up) or should I sell it off and use the $$ for the 5 speed. (The Trans would go under a 69 cougar if it's worth the effort) ?

If it's all scrap, whats the EFI setup and trans worth?

• Sponsors (?)

the efi stuff will fit any 351w with no issues i can think of.

as for the trans, you can convert it to a two wheel drive trans. talk to these guys about a valve body for your trans;

Home

they may have one that will allow you to convert to a full pressure, non electronic valve body so you wont need a stand alone controller.

as for the 351w itself, take a breaker bar and see if you can turn the crank over by hand. if so then perhaps the starter is toast.

+1 for talking to dan at silverfox. He's good stuff. If it were "newly rebuilt" per the original clutches and steels you may want to get it rebuilt with some higher performance steels and clutches as well. I bought mine off a fresh rebuild and I was kind of surprised that my measly little 289 could warp the steels.

this is what happened to mine after a weekend of driving:
IMG_1069.jpg

:o

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 95