94-94 Rear: Differences???

• Sponsors (?)

GreenMustangGt said:
no, i got a 95, the side vents are mostly plugged, the have small slits

The 94-95s have open side scoops in that there are actual holes in it. Inside the fenderwell, there is a louvered panel that the air passes through. In 96, the side panels were just decorative and had no holes in the scoop.

Anyways, as far as telling the 94-98s apart, the only two I can't seperate are the 96 and 97.

94 -- Horizontal tail lights and no vertical piece on the rocker panel.
95 -- Horizontal tail lights and a vertical piece on the rocker panel. Further, early 95's had triangular seat belt loops (on the front seats) and late 95's had round loops.
96 -- Vertical taillights and clock pod on the dash.
97 -- Vertical taillights and clock pod on the dash.
98 -- Vertical taillights and no clock pod on the dash.

Wow, thanks guys, I am learning alot. Keep posting if anyone can clear up why some 95s have certain things, like the verticle piece on the rocker panel, or the open scoops, and yet other 95s don't. Maybe it was a stage thing. Like maybe the early 95s were more like trials, then they figured that they would make the scoops funtional and add a flare the rocker panel, also make the seatbelt brace round. Whatever. Anyway, thanks for all the replys, I don't think I have ever had two pages of replys to a thread that I have started. Keep posting. :nice:

Someone else's car is the same as yours. Maybe they didnt start the rocker panel think until it actually turned to 1995 so the first 95 Mustangs made at the end of 94 wont have them.

bjl95mustang said:
It was built sept 94. But it's still a 95 model.

I understand what you're saying. but it was still built in 94. I should have been more clear before. I'm talking about identifying the year that it was built. Personally, I think that's the true year, regardless of what the title says. :shrug:

GreenMustangGt said:
wait, what are you saying about the rocker panel? what part is round, and what part is flat? the whole thing....mine is rounded....

It's at the front of the rocker. Here's the 94:
94.jpg

Here's the 95. It's tough to see, but look at the front of the rocker and you can see that piece that curves up.
02072605m.jpg

The 95 pic was linked from: http://www.majcole.com/mustang/1995mustang.htm (Gotta give credit where credit is due :))

My rocker pannel is the same one on the 94 but my car was sold to me as a 95 and the build date on it was oct of 94 so I would assume it was sold as 95 Model. My regestration lists it as a 95. Is there any way I can tell for sure, Ive had the car for 4 yrs and always had the impression that it was a 95 model, can you tell from the Vin #, if so I'll post it. Id like to know for sure.

1105 said:
. Maybe they didnt start the rocker panel think until it actually turned to 1995 so the first 95 Mustangs made at the end of 94 wont have them.

Thats what Im thinking since my build date is oct of 94, its to late to sell it as a 94 model so it was sold as 95. Thats what I hope it is , its not a huge deal if I have a 94 when I thought Ive had a 95.

Striped5.0 said:
My rocker pannel is the same one on the 94 but my car was sold to me as a 95 and the build date on it was oct of 94 so I would assume it was sold as 95 Model. My regestration lists it as a 95. Is there any way I can tell for sure, Ive had the car for 4 yrs and always had the impression that it was a 95 model, can you tell from the Vin #, if so I'll post it. Id like to know for sure.

It should say on the door placard what month and year it was built in. If the placard is missing, look at the 10th digit in the VIN. An 94 should have "R" and a 95 should have "S". Whether the VIN is indicating the model year or build year is another question though.

If you don't mind, look at the date on the door placard and compare it to the 10th digit on the VIN and report back to us.

baglock1 said:
look at the 10th digit in the VIN. An 94 should have "R" and a 95 should have "S". .

If you don't mind, look at the date on the door placard and compare it to the 10th digit on the VIN and report back to us.

It says " S " on the 10 vin # so I assume it would be a 95. My bad my build date was in sept of 94 not Oct, not that it makes a big diffrence. The Vin puts my mind at ease though. Ive always like the fact that I have one of the last factory 5.0's to ever roll off the assembly line so thats why I would be a little dissipointed if it turned out to be a 94 insted.

Striped5.0 said:
It says " S " on the 10 vin # so I assume it would be a 95. My bad my build date was in sept of 94 not Oct, not that it makes a big diffrence. The Vin puts my mind at ease though. Ive always like the fact that I have one of the last factory 5.0's to ever roll off the assembly line so thats why I would be a little dissipointed if it turned out to be a 94 insted.

Cool, now we know that the VIN indicates model year and that if the rocker has the vertical piece, it's definately a 95. If it doesn't, it was built in 94, but could be a 95 model.

Lets talk about the hood's. If i remember right the 'snouts' (is that a word?) on my 95 were open. It seemed like there was a path for the air to go through the plastic screen and come out on through an opening on the underside of the hood. My 94 however seems to be totally closed off.
Can anyone validate this?

sixty9boss302 said:
Lets talk about the hood's. If i remember right the 'snouts' (is that a word?) on my 95 were open. It seemed like there was a path for the air to go through the plastic screen and come out on through an opening on the underside of the hood. My 94 however seems to be totally closed off.
Can anyone validate this?

Interesting. My 95's are open as are my buddies 98. Maybe it was a 94 thing?