94-94 Rear: Differences???

Another Q? What about the fog lights? I have seen some round and some flat in the splitter. I know that the Cobras had round ones, right? I prefer the look of the flater ones myself, so if this is specific year thing, that would be helpful to know. Is there a distinction between style, like GT, or V6?

• Sponsors (?)

Ice Hawk said:
Another Q? What about the fog lights? I have seen some round and some flat in the splitter. I know that the Cobras had round ones, right? I prefer the look of the flater ones myself, so if this is specific year thing, that would be helpful to know. Is there a distinction between style, like GT, or V6?

The round ones came on the Cobra and the flat ones are on the GT's (or V6's if they have the foglight option). However, considering the popularity of swapping to a cobra front bumper, there are some GT's running around with the round foglights (but not from the factory).

Striped5.0 said:
I thought it was if the vents were closed it was a 94 and if there open its a 95? Mine are open

It could be an early 95 and they were leftover in the parts bin from the 94 line. Maybe it's a different hood than from the factory. I've got no idea. In all actuality, I've never even seen the plugged hood scoops (which in my mind gives some indication to their relative rareness).

GreenMustangGt -- What month was your car built in? You can find the info on the door placard. Look for the mfg date.

Oh, thanks. That was what I thought, but I wouldn't of guess about the switchin of the bumpers from the Cobras. Thanks again. And, I thought that 94s nostrels were pluged, and 95s were open. That was why I wanted a 95, funtional nostrils and side scoops. Is this right?

The nostrils less weight? Or the absence of fog lamps? I guess that is true, about the limited functionality, but I still want to be able to say they are funtional. Now with all the new Stangs, even 96+ I believe, they are all for looks, and I want funtionality out of parts that look like they are supposed to work.

Thoes little vents on the hood cant do much at all for cooling the engine any. I have a 95 and I think mine are closed. I'm not too worried about it though.

Where thoes vents are, theres not really anything that will get messed up underneath them if anything at all. Only think I can think of would possible be some things on the drivers side, but if you wash youe engine, it all gets wet anyways right? I dont see any problems coming from opening up the vents.

1105 said:
:nice: Less weight and better air flow into the engine bay right hillie?

Considering that the GTS's have pieces of plastic that cover up the foglight holes, airflow into the engine bay isn't affected.

Ice Hawk said:
The nostrils less weight? Or the absence of fog lamps?

The foglights. GTS's typically don't have them.

sixty9boss302 said:
Say one was to dremel out holes in the bottem layer of the hood to make the 94's open....would you say one would run into problems with water getting on the engine in places it shouldn't be or do you think this could be benafitial?

I'd say it was a waste of time. They really don't do anything performance wise, but if you so desire to do it, I've never had any problems with getting excess water in my engine bay. Regardless, the engine is designed to get wet anyways. What happens when it rains?

Really, the only reason I'd consider opening them up would be if I was planning on plumbing a NO2 purge line to them for the visual effect. :shrug:

baglock1 said:
Considering that the GTS's have pieces of plastic that cover up the foglight holes, airflow into the engine bay isn't affected.
Considering I took mine out when I got my car painted ane never put them back in, I'm getting more air into the engine bay :banana: :lol: Not like its doing a lot of good anyways because they are so low... It might cool off the bottom part of my headers some :spot:

The vents in the hood do not go directly onto the motor so water is not an Issue. There is another Layer of hood near the vents w/ a hole in it, you can stick your finger up the hole and to the vent. Its hard to explain but go out and pop the hood and you will see for yourself.

This info is for the diff. between the 96-97 there was a difference to tell the two apart. The seat trim pattern was changed for 97 on. I personally cant tell the difference unless the two are side by side. As for telling from the rear assuming the car has its original tail lights, the last two digits for the year are I believe on the passenger side taillight at the bottom of the lense (in a little string of digits and characters). But Ill have to check to be sure....and that works on any ford vehicle not just mustangs.