94-95 96-98 Whats the difference?? (EXHAUST)

So i want to get the Magnapack cat back but I can only find it for 96-98 mustangs, wich is weird cuz some catbacks are grouped as 94-98. Whats the difference between the 96-98 exhaust to our years. I heard its just the hangars. Would it be easy to convert and go on my car? If you have done something like this please post. ANY information would help. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

GRGT1994 said:
I think there was some sort of engine change for '96. I can't quite remember what is was . . .

Yeah, I think he is right. I think I read somewhere that '96 is the year that a crappy engine came along. Everything was changed. Performance cut in half.

LOL!

GRGT1994 said:
I think there was some sort of engine change for '96. I can't quite remember what is was . . .

Real Funny... I know 94/95 is a 5.0 and 96-98 is a 4.6. But pipes are pipes. And the 96-98 catback looks almost identical to one i seen for 94 95. I dont mean to be rude but if you dont have anything productive to say than please dont post it.

RedStallion43 said:
. . . if you dont have anything productive to say than please dont post it.
Ahhh come on. By that standard I would never have any posts!!!

But seriously, check out some of the part vendor sites (like 50Resto). They list all there mid pipes in groups, '93 and before, '94 and '95, '96 through '98, etc. Sometimes you need to dig down to the item detail to see that there are separate midpipes for each. But you will find that there are. So I think there must be some difference between a mid pipe for a '96 stang and one for ours. How much, I have no idea.

You could try posting this with the 5.0 tech section, maybe they know.

The other thing I have found very helpful is calling the company's tech line. That tells you a number of things. First, you will find out what kind of assistance you can get if you run into an issue or question during install. But most importantly, they will be the one's who know their products the best, and can answer questions like your's about particular applications.

BTW, you are on your honor to come back and post your answer if you find it on a tech line or elsewhere (as it will surely benefit others who confront the same issue later and are using the search function)

Good luck.