94 & 95 cobra guys....gas mileage?

• Sponsors (?)

i have stock gears in my cobra and have not been able to granny it since ive had it on one full tank, i used to drive a civic so its hard to resist all the torque available now. around town i usually get 17mpg, on the freeway i see this thing do way better, and i know i did like 21 or 22 once but the rest of the tank was back to flooring it,lol I worry if i get gears what will my mileage be, heh but i do granny it alot but unfortunatly not a full tank of goin easy yet.( its hard :( )

igotyofire said:
i have stock gears in my cobra and have not been able to granny it since ive had it on one full tank, i used to drive a civic so its hard to resist all the torque available now. around town i usually get 17mpg, on the freeway i see this thing do way better, and i know i did like 21 or 22 once but the rest of the tank was back to flooring it,lol I worry if i get gears what will my mileage be, heh but i do granny it alot but unfortunatly not a full tank of goin easy yet.( its hard :( )

I know what your talking about. My girlfriend always gets mad because everytime I pass someone, I act like I am going down the track. Like you know you down shift to the lowest gear possible and you end up like 100mph by the time you actually pass =). And like everytime to go to the store I like get sideways goin out the driveway chirping 2nd and 3rd, thnking that you have to make it to the store in 13 seconds or somethin...

Umm Don't know the size of the tank so can't do the math (no owners manual). But I think my best so far is about 230miles to a tank with 3.73's, bolts ons and exhaust. Haven't done a all freeway trip with my speedcal installed yet so don't know my highway mileage.

SN95Oh said:
I know what your talking about. My girlfriend always gets mad because everytime I pass someone, I act like I am going down the track. Like you know you down shift to the lowest gear possible and you end up like 100mph by the time you actually pass =). And like everytime to go to the store I like get sideways goin out the driveway chirping 2nd and 3rd, thnking that you have to make it to the store in 13 seconds or somethin...

I know what you mean....i love driving fast. it has become a habbit (A BIG ONE) :D

thx guys for the posts i hadnt had a chance to do the math im really lazy