94 95 cobras

• Sponsors (?)

Driver's race.

The 94-95 Cobra is very underrated. Dynos have shown they really make about 260-270HP to the flywheel. They are a little more torquey than the 4.6 GT so they have an advantage from a stop, while the GT has the advantage from a roll.

in stock form they run low 14's to high 13's with a good driver and respond well to mods.

definitely a driver's race. around here 5.0 cobras usually run mid 14's stock, and 99+ gt's low to mid 14's. with his exhaust and shifter he might be able to pull low 14's.

gt wins.....i thought it was the other way around, that the 99-up gt's were more torquey down low in the lower rpm's?

i know i see pretty good modded 98 cobras dynoing the same or a little more hp then my car....but the torque is usually quite a bit lower.

i assume the 94-95 would be even less.

i realize we are talking stock but i just figured id throw modded cars in there too.

correct me if im wrong about the tq.:shrug:

ADRENLN said:
gt wins.....i thought it was the other way around, that the 99-up gt's were more torquey down low in the lower rpm's?

That's true, for the 96-98 4.6 Cobras. The GT's torque comes on lower than the 96-98 DOHC's so it gives the GT an advantage in races from a stop. From a roll, the DOHC has the nod.

The 94-95's are a 5.0...and they just have gobs of torque right off idle. That's what keeps them in the game and gives em an advantage off the line.

Numbers are virtually identical really, 260-270ish HP 300 ft-lbs of torque. It really is a matter of who can drive better between two stock cars.

You start tossing mods at the cars and it can go either way...but that's a whole different question there