94-95 crowd is a dying breed...

Yea, screw it. We are all going to be old at some time and we will be there the longest part of our lives. To the 30 yr old, 40 is "old" -> 20 year old says the 30 is old-> 13yr old says 20 is "old"..bah blah... its all relative. I say just have fun and screw the age policers.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah not as many as used to be. When I first got my car I counted all the yellow 94-95's around my area and was depressed. I never noticed so many when I didn't have 1. Now I am the only 1 left around. A bunch of 99+ but not the beautiful 94-95 5.0's.

On a side note I have 5.4 badges on my car since it is a 331. It's funny to see guys looking at that and saying "man he stuffed that motor in there, wait that isn't a modular". Then they ask why I put a pushrod motor in my stang.

Around Atlanta, I rarely see a 94/95 that isn't a V6 and even those are pretty rare. I get lots of comments on mine. Seems more people nowdays don't realize my car has a 5.0, but when I tell them so they seem a lot more interested.

Kids at the local car wash go nuts over my 94 and how not beat up it is. The exhaust is a thriller too. :) The parents with the minivans/SUVs just look stunned when they see that a kid doesn't own that car. Getting older doesn't mean you can't have fun and still enjoy a muscle car.

I kind of like being "rare" in my town.

I've gotten the same reaction several times up here in the Buford area as well. I purposefully chose the 94/95 so I could have the good looks and the legendary motor.

Also wanst Limited Slip std/upgrade on car car from the fox body? Im probably wrong but I thought some of the aero fox gt's had a peg legger rear end?

All aero fox V8's had limited slip 8.8's. Some of them do OWP but they didnt come that way from the factory. :D

I too get kind of annoyed by the red headed stepchild comments. I think our years are the best of both worlds and have the best aftermarket because it crosses platforms. I love the rareness of our years. i'll never change my horizontals just because i want people to know i have a 5.0. It kind of depends on the crowds your around. I see more and more 94-95s that are modded rather than stock ones. It seems to me that the our years are just being pushed into the collector/modder realm now rather than daily driver duties.

There are a coupld around my area but not as many as their used to be years ago. And the 05s are new so everybody and their grandmother bring them to the car shows. Just like back in 00-03 when all the new edges were taking over. The newest mustang will always lead the show fields.

As a fairly new member of the 94-95 crowd, I don't feel like a red-headed stepchild at all!

And as a longstanding member of the vintage Mustang crowd, I can tell you that this is probably my FAVORITE era since 1970! I give great credit to the Foxes for keeping the lineage alive, and bringing back the 5.0, but 94 was when Ford figured out that it was supposed to look like a Mustang. I remember when this bodystyle came out, thinking, "hey, they remember!" The grille opening, the side scoops, a PONY logo, and some awesome curves.

When SWMBO gave the OK to buy a DD this spring, I passed on an 08 Bullitt (and I've got a very sentimental connection to the original Bullitt) to buy my 95 vert.

This is an AWESOME car. I agree with one of the posters above, quit comparing it to LS1s. It's not one, nor was it ever meant to be. It's a fitting tribute to the original Pony car--Everyman's car, capable of everything from grocery-getter to "sporty" performance straight from the factory, and with a few minor (or not so minor) mods, capable of owning the strip on Saturday!

Friday night I pulled into the local Taco Del Mar, which is apparently completely manned by recent Ukrainian immigrants. They all RAN from the counter to look out the window when I pulled up. As I was walking in, I heard one say "Ferrari".:rlaugh:

Be proud of these cars, they've got a special place in history!

I personally love these cars. I had a '95 cobra...and once that got totaled I refused to get another mustang unless I found another 94-95. I'm in a Ford club around here and we have 3 94-95's....one being a 95 cobra and one being a 95 cobra hardtop/convertible. I've noticed we generally get a good bit of on-lookers at local carshows.

We have a ridiculously large aftermarket with both motor and suspension....

and we have better taillights :D

Guess Im the oddball out here because I sold my horizontals the first chance I could get. One was faded like you read about so that didnt exactly make me want to keep them. Everyone that comes into my part time job asks if its a 4.6... I assume theyre not very familiar with Musangs because I feel the best way to tell is to check the fender badges first. GT MUSTANG = 5.0 ... GT 4.6L = Well, a 4.6 . BUt I guess not everyone knows these things. Im troubled lately by the number of younger people that drive v6 mustangs and think theyre the baddest thing on the planet, or the older people that dont know a thing about them and only bought one because theyre more popular now but they cant afford a new one so theyll end up with an sn95. If it was up to me, youd have to take a general mustang knowledge test before being allowed to purchase one but I dont see that happening anytime soon. I love browsing the ebay adds and seeing people list cars as mustang gt cobras. Or how theyll add cobra to the end of any listing just because they think that will sell it. For me this car I have now is twelve years in the making. I chose mustangs as my car of choice before I even had a permit. My first experience was my fathers 89 GT. Then when I turned 18 I bought a 94 V6, this was in '00. I loved it but only had it for a year because I couldnt afford it once I got out of the military. A year or so passed and then I was in an '00 Gt for a short time. Wasnt really fond of the 4.6, and there was nothing to speak off for an aftermarket back then for the 4.6 . A few more years passed and then I bought an 89 notch 4 banger as a parts car and a seemingly mint conditon 88 lx 5.0 . A couple years later however the rust started to come through the paint as the previous owner had done a Maaco special. About a year ago though I sold that car for the down payment for my 95 and its been mustang bliss ever since. Im making this car into the vision I had when I first fell in love, helped by years of research and hundreds of issues of magazines. I think the 5.0 is only slightly less a legend as the car itself. People know what youre talking about when you say 5.0 . Pushrod motors are so easy to work on, I cant stand the fact that Ford went to the modular plants. They suck to work on, in my opinion. The aftermarkets finally starting to catch up a little bit. Probably wont ever rival the 5.0 aftermarket. The motors been gone from the stang for 14 years almost and theyre still making new products for it.

Kind of went off on a pointless rant there. Case in point, I love my mustang and I love that it has a 5.0 . Im glad a lot of people dont have 5.0s in the sn95 because that makes ours different.

I was just up in Plattsburgh New York for business... we are representing STRONG up in the North Country! I couldn't believe the number of SN95 5.0s there. When I bought mine I specifically sought after this year. I cut my teeth on these mustangs and they'll always be special to me.

To me its lame as hell to enter a brand new car in a car show. I love the people walking around "Oh my god its so clean!" Well... thats because its got 82 miles on it. They don't sell the cars dirty!

Adam

I was just up in Plattsburgh New York for business... we are representing STRONG up in the North Country! I couldn't believe the number of SN95 5.0s there. When I bought mine I specifically sought after this year. I cut my teeth on these mustangs and they'll always be special to me.

To me its lame as hell to enter a brand new car in a car show. I love the people walking around "Oh my god its so clean!" Well... thats because its got 82 miles on it. They don't sell the cars dirty!

Adam

I agree there is a guy on the local forum who takes pictures, takes good ones I might add. But he would clean his 2-3yr old (at the time) car and act like it was a 20k paint job. DUH, its a damn near new car...come back in 10 more years and act like your factory paint job is the best ever. It looked clean and straight but like you said they dont sell them dirty...or dented all to hell and back.

One of the few times I have been impressed with a 05+ showing is at a local show...the custom/detail work under the hood and body kit/rims looked stunning. It was not some box stock mustang.

Thanks for inviting ME :nono:

This is the first time IM reading this thread. .I talked to you several times since then and I didnt even know you went that night. The last time I went a couple of months back, there were NO 94/95 there. The new ones mainly had cosmetic upgrades. As Jose said, when we have ours done we will get there EARLY and park in the most visible section.

We got up and running today and I did a 5-minute data log for Wes to look at!
RC

I still have mine, just after buying the house, totaling the ZX2 and blowing the engine in the truck I bought to replace the one that was nickel and dime-ing me to death, I just haven't been able to do anything with it. It's been mothballed in my garage for almost 4 years now. :(

garagenew8.jpg

I still have mine, just after buying the house, totaling the ZX2 and blowing the engine in the truck I bought to replace the one that was nickel and dime-ing me to death, I just haven't been able to do anything with it. It's been mothballed in my garage for almost 4 years now. :(

LOOK WHO's BACK!!! :flag:

Dont be a stranger..I was OUT for awhile...Just finished a MAJOR upgrade!!
RC