94 & 95 Mass Air. HELP!!! Please

Black1987

my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
I have been working on putting in a drivetrain in 95 gt for a while now using a donor 94 gt. However, neither car had a mass sensor with it. Here in lies the question on the harnass it has a rectangle 5 pin connector unlike the foxes 4 pin oval connector. What mass air came on the 94 & 95 gt and was 4 or 5 pin? Thanks.

mail

• Sponsors (?)

I have been working on putting in a drivetrain in 95 gt for a while now using a donor 94 gt. However, neither car had a mass sensor with it. Here in lies the question on the harnass it has a rectangle 5 pin connector unlike the foxes 4 pin oval connector. What mass air came on the 94 & 95 gt and was 4 or 5 pin? Thanks.

mail

its been a while but it is 4pin and needs to be calibrated for injectors

The Ford MAF sensor is NOT calibrated. IIRC it's a 4 pin connector at the sensor (B+V, PCM Pwr Gnd, Gnd and Signal) The MAF sensor pigtail to the harness according to my manual is a 8 pin round connector with only 4 pins being used as noted.

Yeah I'm sure, this is really confusing I have two harnesses one from a 95 gt and the other from a 94 gt. Strangely, both have five pin connectors for the 96 and up. I actually have the 95 gt F2VF-12B579-A2A mass sensor and tube right here, but it's 4 pin oval like everyone said. Confused:(. I heard some cali cars had 5 pins, however both cars where in North Carolina, any inputs.

Here's a photo of my mass air setup. It's the same for all 94-95 Mustangs irregardless of the engine. The pigtail I think you mean is in the lower-left; that branches out to the IAC and the MAF. The MAF is an oval 4-pin connector on our cars.

IMG_1696.JPG

Here's a photo of my mass air setup. It's the same for all 94-95 Mustangs irregardless of the engine. The pigtail I think you mean is in the lower-left; that branches out to the IAC and the MAF. The MAF is an oval 4-pin connector on our cars.

IMG_1696.JPG

I have that pigtail, however for some oddball my isn't the 4 pin oval. I'll try to upload a picture to help explain.

Found the problem, I peeled back the black insulation off the wires and found the perivous owner of the car had spliced in that 5 pin rectangle. Probably to run some aftermarket mass air. Thanks for all the inputs:hail2:

Umm one more question, what would be best to run. The car came with a computer in it, but there seems to be a chip on the computer with no labels on the computer housing. I have both A9L/or A3M and a stock F1ZF-12B579-AA mass air for a fox (have a bunch of foxes), or should I take a chance on the computer with the F2VF-12B579-A2A.

Also, do think i should create a build thread?

Attachments

• 95 Gt.jpg
    95 Gt.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 130
From the looks of that pic, I'd say start a new thread.

I would suggest sticking with the stock computer unless you are willing to fit the car up with a whole new harness. The A9L computer takes to mods much better than the 94-95 computers, so that's something to consider.