94 95 taillight & saleen covers

nsenise

Jul 7, 2008
Just a quick question... I've been after a set of these for over a year and have only come across 1 auction on ebay and forgot to bid. Do these covers just clip over the existing taillight bezel or does the stock one come off somehow? I've been staring at a spare set of 95 tails that i picked up and dont see how to separate it from the red lense. Any help is much appreciated - also if on the long shot that anybody's got a set they're willing to part with. please let me know

• Sponsors (?)

I have a set on the covers look for just be held on with double sided tape. I've tried to remove them and couldn't for fear of breaking them. I won't be selling mine, and if I do Rich has first grabs at them as he's be after mine for a while now. LOL! I'm actually planning to have mine sanded smooth and painted body color for a subtle yet different look that I have yet to see anyone else do.

I "had" 6 pairs back in the day, I sold the last pair about 6 months ago on ebay for $120, plus shipping. The saleen ones taped on and some people screwed them on. I never ended up putting them on my car, and I got so many of them due to the fact my friends worked (one still works) for Saleen, and we did a group purchase for friends of freinds. Some people didnt pay for em, so I kept them. Let me ask Bob (my friend who still works there) if he knows where to locate some. No guarantees, but i'll give it a shot.

On a side note the 96-98 tails bezel screws off so painting is a breeze. Some here are purists so 96-98 have no place on the 94-95's; since it takes away from the authentic look of the 94-95's however sooo many people are changing hoods, bumpers and the like it is also taking away from the stock look, thus making this argument null and void. I Personally like the look of the 96-98's, and thats what I chose, however seeing the 94-95's lets those who know mustangs that it's a 5.0 and not a 4.6.

if you find em

Don't screw them on. If you find some, get 3M 5LB. (NOT 2LB.) tape from say Home Depot, they will almost never come off again. Clean them first of course with windex and rubbing alcohol (lights and covers). Put the tape on the covers, then when you feel comfortable, peel back the second backing, put the lights on your lap, attach lights from the pointed side first, lining up the edges...then pray you get it right lol. But yeah they are held in with tape and boy do they look sweet. If I find a set during the travels, I will post the info here or PM you guys. In the past I've sold 3 sets all for over 100 bucks, so they are still sought after. Good Luck.

Hey guys thanks for the quick reply and all the info. White94Cobra if you can come across a set PLEASE let me know. I know they can be a little expensive but then again what isn't - I'm paying almost 5.00 a gallon for premium gas here in New York

I want another set too! I wish you could still get them!!

Heres a pic of the 2 I have,
Picture061.jpg

after my accident I have 1 left, I'd be willing to ship it somewhere to help create molds or something.

Now this has potential. What side do you have as I would be very interested in taking you up on that. Just need to know what one you have so I can track down the other. Making a mold of it would not be all that difficult. In fact I have just the person in mind that would help me on this.

Now this has potential. What side do you have as I would be very interested in taking you up on that. Just need to know what one you have so I can track down the other. Making a mold of it would not be all that difficult. In fact I have just the person in mind that would help me on this.

I would think that Saleen might have something to say about unauthorized copies being made, even if Saleen isn't making them anymore. Of course, I might be willing to look the other way and get a set. :D

If your thinking about our man from Sinus...