'94/'95 TIRES

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the feedback.

I've been running my '03 Cobra on the track, but now want to build a dedicated track car, using a '94/'95. (I prefer working on the 5.0L.) I'd love to be able to use my '03 Cobra track wheels/tires on the '94/'95.

So, your feedback sounds encouraging. I guess worse case would be to use the 275/40-17's (Toyo Proxes RA-1's) I have on the rear and go with 255/40-17's on the front. (Toyo doesn't make a 265.)

I wonder how the handling will be with different sized tires?

I have 03 Chromed cobra wheels, they are 17x9'' I have 275/40 on the rear and 245/50 front. You can see pics of it there. There's NO rubbing issue in the back altough it's kinda close. As for the front, I wouldn't imagine running 275s up front it would rub for sure.

As you can maybe see, my front tires are a bit "streched" that offers no rims protection at all. If I had to order new tires again I would go 255s.

bling2.JPG

bling1.JPG

bling4.JPG

As you can see, perfect size for rear:

bling5.JPG

If you want any other pics to see diff. angles just ask!
Hope it helps.

i think 255 on the front is the best fitment it sits just about perfect...although i havent ever seen a 265 in person to compare ..

Screw that... 255's are pizza cutters.. My 285/30/18's DO NOT rub at all.. Minimum I would run is a 275/40/17 on the front..

MUSTANGS PLOW AS IT IS, THEY NEED AS MUCH FRONT TIRE AS POSSIBLE.

Screw that... 255's are pizza cutters.. My 285/30/18's DO NOT rub at all.. Minimum I would run is a 275/40/17 on the front..

MUSTANGS PLOW AS IT IS, THEY NEED AS MUCH FRONT TIRE AS POSSIBLE.

Pics or it didnt happen.

I mean thats really huge for a front tire. Im thinking about doing 275's when I get new tires.

yeah i was looking at a 95 for sale and it had 375's up front and it looked terrible the wheels stuck out past the fenders reminded me of drag slicks on a front wheel drive lol:nonono: i still laugh everytime i see drag racing and the skinnies are in the back:SNSign:

yeah i was looking at a 95 for sale and it had 375's up front and it looked terrible the wheels stuck out past the fenders reminded me of drag slicks on a front wheel drive lol:nonono: i still laugh everytime i see drag racing and the skinnies are in the back:SNSign:

375's up front?!?!?

Jesus we demand pics. lol

I have 03 Chromed cobra wheels, they are 17x9'' I have 275/40 on the rear and 245/50 front. You can see pics of it there. There's NO rubbing issue in the back altough it's kinda close. As for the front, I wouldn't imagine running 275s up front it would rub for sure.

As you can maybe see, my front tires are a bit "streched" that offers no rims protection at all. If I had to order new tires again I would go 255s.

As you can see, perfect size for rear:

If you want any other pics to see diff. angles just ask!
Hope it helps.

Pics greatly appreciated. As they say, "A picture is worth 1000 words."

I'm glad to see I can use my 275's on the rears and my Cobra wheels all the way around.

Here's how they look now.

TheGlen.jpg

IMG_0066-10.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

• TheGlen.jpg
    TheGlen.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0066-10.jpg
    IMG_0066-10.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 73
I got 275's up front and I think they look good. I guess its all in the eye of the beholder. I have encountered some rubbing problems on the swaybar, but only at full turn when i'm carrying some speed.