94 98 side exhaust install

lillera1

Mar 3, 2004
I have had several problems installing my cdc side skirts. It seems that for the 99 and up style they give you pins for the top of the side skirt to attach to the body of the car. However, with the 94-98 they use double sided tape which doesnt seem to hold. If anyone can suggest for me a better way to get the molding to stick to the car i would be greatly apprecitaed

• Sponsors (?)

thank you

Kretz5.0 said:
I had those too, i hit an armadilo at 3 am and ripped my driverside off, so now i have the Rousch ones and they have a lip that goes in door sil and you attach it there, thats your best bet if you ask me, IMO
Thank you for your help i have broke mine 2 times!!!

Bringing this thread back to life, in hopes that someone can help me out...

I have a 1995 GT that I just recently ordered and received the CDC side exhaust for. I'm currently stationed overseas in Germany via the USAF, and in just the time it took to ship here through priority mail... the double-sided tape on the rockers peeled away from it. So I'm definitely not going to trust that to hold it to my car. :(

I've noticed several of you suggest ditching the tape and going to a two-part adhesive such as 3M. Can any of you recommend which one to use, and where I can order some from? The skirts are a poly-urea material according to CDC, so which adhesive and prep agent would best work? Any website carrying it, that I can order it from?

Thanks!

I jsut got mine from ford But they are Fiberglass... Not to happy with that but the Price from CDC is way to high and then add shipping.... :notnice:

I got my SVO's from Ford for 590.00 +tax I have the Borla on and I like it!!
Now Ill be working on fitting the Skirts.... that seems like a real Project and then getting them to stick... With using the adhesive how do you "hold " them in place till it sets up and HOLDS them till it cures????

thanks

Here is mine W/O the skirts

View attachment 526560

schoonover_88 said:
Personally, I think that it looks totally sweet without the sideskirts. Kinda gives it the '00 Cobra R look.

Ya its not to bad! I like it but i really want the side skirts to "lower" the car and give it a more agressive stance. Im happy with the sound Its NOT very loud and its nice and deep. I AM worried about attaching the Skirts and how to make them stay ON the car...

I put the Exhaust on first and drove it arround and then but the skirts on.
its not to bad to do. what Pics do you want Ihave some and can look on my can to see what I did... Its been a while. Mine have been good but I dont drive the car that much:nonono: the tape on the top side did not hold on the passenger side but it did on the driver side. I also make brackets to hold them on on the under side I did not use the brackets in the kit. Let me know what you want to see Pics of. the car is in storage so It will take me a day or so to get there to get the Pics.