94 and 98 fenders different?

ronstang94

May 10, 2007
Phx, AZ
Some guy at a carshow came up to me and started talking. He said that 98 fenders and quarter panels are wider (stick out further) and have bigger wheel wells than the 94. Is this true?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Some guy at a carshow came up to me and started talking. He said that 98 fenders and quarter panels are wider (stick out further) and have bigger wheel wells than the 94. Is this true?

Thanks.

This some guy is weirdo. i have both. they are the same. may be the guy is 98 owner and wanted to feel special. since they are red headed step child like us with their want to be 99 PI motor but not.:rlaugh:

fenders are the same for 94~98...I work at a body shop..worked on 98's and there the same...I do know the front bumpers are the same but different in how they mount on the bottom of the core support...my 95 had more clips that held it in...so far the the only difference

ya, i was pretty sure that he was wrong. He was so sure of himself too. I had never really examined 98 fenders so i figured a very small variation was possible, but then common sense kicked in. Ford wouldnt make two different parts with barely any difference where one part would work for both. Thanks for the replies.