94 Black Mustang Gt

thestang16

May 25, 2011
Illinois
Just recently bought a 94 Mustang GT, just looking to do some mods and looking for suggestions..any help?..also the car shakes pretty bad when i hit 4th and 5th gear and have no idea what it is? maybe the harmonic balancer..or a u joint?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Quite possible. If it's the HB replace ASAP as that vibration is extremely hard on the engines rotating assembly. I would suggest that you buy a Haynes manual to help diagnose and repair these kinds of issues.The other thing to buy is an OBD1 code reader. They can be had for about $30. Every electronic sensor is controlled by the ECU and if there are issues the ECU will store a fault code.

Save on Equus 3145 at ToolTopia.com

If its the balancer change it quickly as mentioned could be devistating for the engine. If its the stock balancer you can visibly see that its bad. The rubber will try to exit out the back and while running will look extremely wobbly. If not the balancer it could be the drivershaft in which the fix is installing a new OEM or light weight aluminum.

im pretty sure the balancer isnt wobbly but ill check it again..and ill prob get that code reader ..i think its the DS tho bc when i take off it makes this little squeeky noise too but then goes away after 1st gear...i just hate hearing all these noises!

Check to see if any rubber is protruding from the balancer on the engine side. If you can see or feel anything the HB is done whether it wobbles or not. For the DS check the U-joints for any play. There should be none what-so-ever.