94 Gt Acceleration Problems/under Load

Shadowblack5.0

Mar 11, 2016
Firat post, searched many topics but can't find anything like my specific problem so here goes. I got a 94 gt that had a bbk Cai 19lb calibration and 19lb injectors. I took off the stock manifold and put on a track heat, put on a bbk maf 76mm 24lb calibration and 24 lb injectors, and bbk 75 mm throttle body.
Before my upgrades my Cai would backfire when it was cold and bog down when accelerating and running a little rich.
After my upgrades it's bogging down when I accelerate no backfire today and I'm running very rich.
Now I had to tweak timing, and I got it right. I did have to shove the bbk pipe all the way into the throttle body to get it to fit as the bbk maf is a good inch to 1 1/4 inch longer than the stock. The rubber sleeves on the Cai kind of bow out but the gasket clamps are snug. I'm completely out of ideas and more than a little frustrated at this point. Anyone got any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

fix your known isues(egr etc), locate ant vaccum leaks and gix them. Then perform base idle reset, and run all your codes. This will let the computer tell you whats goung on.

I'd say from experience that the 94 computers are a bit finicky when it comes to swapping maf's and injectors. They also rely on the iat and act sensors differently than the 87-93 computers and this causes some issues as you've found out

In currently restomodding it. I forgot to include that the previous owner spliced up some things like a kill switch and huge amp. The harness can't be used for diagnostics according to my local EEC IV tester.

That's cool. Just looking for anything. I'm thinking I need to find someone rewire the engine and dash harness. I'm afraid by pushing the pipe so far into the throttle body I may have created a leak but I can't find it. May go get the pipe shaved down.

Yeah I'm waiting til I figure his problem out to put in a cam and heads. Here's the photos
3138195f2f0cef31b531bc9039159497.jpg
0b8c475cdba8cb62b2b5d33bc0b44f84.jpg
24b935abb07017903f0913618ca30ba8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got maybe 3/4 inch of my CAI pipe into my TB though and some into my MAF. In that pic the rubber sleeve over the MAF has some gap but that clamp is tight. You think my CAI tube is too small for this 75mm setup?

That's what I was afraid of but the throttle response is spot on. The only problem I have is when I drive I'll mash the gas and when the tach hits 2500 the CAI whines and kicks in but my car bogs and doesn't accelerate.

Update. Spoke to a local performance shop owner. He thinks it's probably my TPS. Gonna try that, if it don't work it'll be. 2-3 week wait before they can take a look at my car.