94 GT Slow to idle down

i have a 94 gt that i just replaced the PCM in over the winter, i get it out this spring and it seems like it is a little slow to idle down when i push in the clutch or let off the gas. the car has a 94 cobra upper and lower intake, 24lb injectors, 24lb MAF, and has a tuned SCT chip in the computer. when i replaced the computer i was sure to match the correct numbers to my computer

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say to check the throttle cable and the return spring first. Press the gas pedal when the car is off and listen to hear the throttle open and close. If there is a delay then try to determine if it's from the spring or if there is some build-up around the throttle blade. Spray the inside of the throttle body with some brake cleaner and see if that helps.

Is it slow to idle when the car is moving, or when it is sitting still. The computer has a rolling idle setting to keep the idle up when you push the clutch in and the car is still moving. Maybe that's messed up somehow.

Kurt

See the "Surging Idle Checklist” for help with all your idle/stall problems. You can guess at the problem and throw parts at it, or you can use the checklist to help you find the problem quickly and inexpensively.

The quick and easy way to dump the codes is in there too, and all you need to do it is a paper clip! The first two posts contain all the fixes & updates. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.