94 GT waterpump gasket

twanger1994

Jan 17, 2004
New Jersey
I have a 94 GT---8 banger. I have to change the waterpump gasket. I went to the local chain owned pep boys and auto zone ECT. It is impossible to find the correct gasket to fit the pump on my car. So I decided to change my approach. I went to an old school parts store where the guy behide the counter knows more about cars then then all of the car gods. We looked throught a large box of fel-pro gaskets, after finally giving up with what the computer and books said. NOTHING.. just as I was about to get a sheet of gasket material and cut my own, I asked what does the coputers and books say the waterpump shoould look like. sure enough the computer says the pump looks like what I have and gaskets do not match. I have found this problem a few time since I got the car a few years ago. I am not sure what this problem is but it seems that every car parts supplier or distibuter has different information about this. I am wondering if anyone has run into this problem before... Please give me any information that will be useful to figure this problem out. Ill be posting what i can find out soon...... thanks everyone sorry it so long

• Sponsors (?)