94 Into 88

Blaise805

Oct 22, 2013
hey everyone hows it going? I have a couple of questions I have an 88 gt and a 94 v6 parts car that I got to change the trans in a troubled 95 but that's another story. I would like to know how hard or is it worth it to put the disc brakes out of the 94 into my 88,it already has 5 lug pattern Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

hey everyone hows it going? I have a couple of questions I have an 88 gt and a 94 v6 parts car that I got to change the trans in a troubled 95 but that's another story. I would like to know how hard or is it worth it to put the disc brakes out of the 94 into my 88,it already has 5 lug pattern Thanks
You would need to use the 94 spindles on the 88 car. There is a PBR dual piston front caliper set from the 1999-2004 cars that is a big improvement over the stock 94-95 caliper setup.
See http://home.comcast.net/~mjbobbitt/mustang/page10.html for more information, or search this site.
@Mustang5L5 may be of much more help in this area

How hard depends on your skill level. I found it to be a simply, and fun project when i did my car.

Is it a worthwhile upgrade? Well, that's for you to decide. 1995 brakes weren't that impressive, but they leave the door open for upgrades down the road like bigger brakes, and of course, they are rear disk. The also allow a wider range of wheels.

So is it worth it all depends on your goals for the car.