94 T-Bird Dist. in a 94 Cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

Different cam gear is my only good guess...

Remember too, Ford's people don't exactly know what they are talking about. Just because the part number shows up in their computer differently, the assume it won't work because it's a different number.

Who was your source that told you it wouldn't work?

Joe

I figuered they would be the same since they used the same cam. :shrug: My interchange says they are different but I just don't see why. I guess I will pull both of them out and see what they look like side by side. Thanks for the imput.

there the same.

I didn't want to spend 50 bucks for one from a mustang back 2 years ago when I was doing my 5.0 swap. Since the 92 Tbird uses the same Cobra Cam BTW, and is the prototype mustang eninge (94-95) The Distributor is the same just different part number.

Further refrence the 92 T-bird is the same as 94-95 but with the exception that it used the Fox style FPR.

I'm done.

Danny

SorsCode said:
there the same.

I didn't want to spend 50 bucks for one from a mustang back 2 years ago when I was doing my 5.0 swap. Since the 92 Tbird uses the same Cobra Cam BTW, and is the prototype mustang eninge (94-95) The Distributor is the same just different part number.

Further refrence the 92 T-bird is the same as 94-95 but with the exception that it used the Fox style FPR.

I'm done.

Danny
Can you verify this???Not that I don't trust/believe you I would love that to be true. I would just like any one to be able to verify this (link, book, ect)....

wytstang said:
Can you verify this???Not that I don't trust/believe you I would love that to be true. I would just like any one to be able to verify this (link, book, ect)....
Makes sense to me...

Firing orders are the same, blocks are the same, cams are the same...

Of course, that's not saying it's right. It just makes sense...:D

Joe

I have the T-bird Dist in my hands now. I will pull my cobra one out tonight and see what happens. The only other thing I could think of was maybe the reluctor ring is different. Who knows!! :D I will look both of the over real careful and report back when I find out if it runs!!

there the same or my car wouldn't run... part numbers are different. but everything internal and external is identical. Even the F150 5.0's with Remote mount TFI's will work but have different part numbers.

but like i said the 92 T-bird motor is the same motor as the 94-95 Engine. Valve covers, rockers, heads, Cobra Cam, Intake, Injectors, Fuel Rails, TB is almost the same. and Alt Bracket is different. The Power Steering bracket is the same though.