94 V6 3.8l Odb Codes

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by bartholomew, Aug 4, 2014.

1. bartholomew

bartholomew New Member

I ran my car through an OBDII sensor and it returned with P0141, p0161, p0340, p1151.
    I removed the IAC real quick before work and it didn't look great some I am going to try and clean the TB, IAC, and MAF.

I also don't remember the last time the O2 sensors were replaced so I am probably going to do that as well.

Any ideas on how I can get this car into shape? Thanks.

2. bartholomew

bartholomew New Member

Any ideas?

3. toyman

SN Certified Technician

I assume you have owned the car for some time based on the O2 reference. When was the last time you did a basic tune-up and what exactly did you replace? Have you ever removed and cleaned the battery to engine and engine to chassis grounds? Solid grounds are critical for proper sensor functions.

4. bartholomew

bartholomew New Member

I just cleaned the TB, IAC. I haven't had a chance to clean the MAF since I don't have a security Torx to remove it. I don't remember the last time I had a tuneup, but it hasn't been that long. I have never cleaned the battery to engine, or engine to chassis grounds only the battery itself.

#4 bartholomew, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  5. toyman

SN Certified Technician

Okay, what is it that you are trying to fix and what symptoms/issues are you trying to address?

6. bartholomew

bartholomew New Member

I am trying to fix the OBDII codes and my A/C compressor clutch not engaging which I believe is the reason my A/C is not blowing cold.

7. toyman

SN Certified Technician

Okay, clear the codes first to ensure they are current and not something that is ancient history. The A/C clutch not coming on is most often a failed cycling switch on the drier. Jump that connection and if the clutch engages the switch needs to be replaced. It can safely be removed as it sits on a schrader valve.

8. bartholomew

bartholomew New Member

Just cleared them and I am still getting the same codes. I tried jumping the switch (@ the cable) and it didn't do anything to the clutch. Should I replace both the cable and/or switch?

9. toyman

SN Certified Technician

Test for power at both the switch and the a/c and go from there. Have you cleaned the MAF sensor element yet? Use only MAF, electrical contact or non-chlorinated brake cleaner.