944 Turbo are these cars fast?

• Sponsors (?)

Tally_4.6 said:
he said 3.0 litre 4banger, i said "a 4banger?, thats a pretty big inline 4". He told me it was the biggest inline4 in the world. He said it wasn't very fast, that it was more of a twisties car.
Talk about a guy not knowing anything about his own car. The 928 had a V8 that displaced 4.5-5.0 liters.

Maybe he was an idiot and had a 944. It was a 2.5-3.0L inline 4. Which would explain why he thought it wasn't fast at all.

I got smoked by one long time ago. late model 944 turbo(one of those with aerodynamic bumper model). Driven by some girl. I lost my mojo that night for the longtime....

But i was like bone stock by then

Penguin said:
Talk about a guy not knowing anything about his own car. The 928 had a V8 that displaced 4.5-5.0 liters.

Maybe he was an idiot and had a 944. It was a 2.5-3.0L inline 4. Which would explain why he thought it wasn't fast at all.
Maybe it said 944, w/e it was a nice car.

yea i use to own one also they are pretty fast stock about high 13s if you know what you are doing. They hook pretty good too because of the tranny being in the back of the car. I had it all planned out to mod mine lol and my dad took it to west virginia and was driving on the roads at night and hit an ice patch lost control and slid into a telephone pole and wrecked it. But yea they handle very well as long as there isnt any ice around.

OH and teh 944 was made to replace the 928. 944 was lighter and faster and handled better.

04GTMustang said:
yea i use to own one also they are pretty fast stock about high 13s if you know what you are doing. They hook pretty good too because of the tranny being in the back of the car. I had it all planned out to mod mine lol and my dad took it to west virginia and was driving on the roads at night and hit an ice patch lost control and slid into a telephone pole and wrecked it. But yea they handle very well as long as there isnt any ice around.

OH and teh 944 was made to replace the 928. 944 was lighter and faster and handled better.

Got to be careful in the hills.