Cincinnati
So here are the recent mods:

- Cobra upper/lower with 1/2 inch spacer
- 70mm TB
- EGR delete
- Smog pump removal
- Headers
- ProChamber

Since getting the car buttoned back up, it's not acting right. First thing I noticed on test drive is the shift points and shifting is all messed up. I will get to this in a minute.

So, I did the following: cleaned MAF, cleaned IAC, cleaned TB, set idle properly, and checked TPS (.97v). After doing this the car idles fine. It seems to rev nicely and settle back to proper idle. The problem comes when the car is in gear.

I know we all love the AODE, and I have zero knowledge about them, so I will attempt to describe as best I can the issue.

So I put the car in Drive (OD off, no a/c, radio, lights), shift from 1 to 2 seems to be normal, then it quickly shifts to 3 (oddity #1). So then while cruising, foot on accel, the trans downshifts, upshifts, downshift, upshift (for a bit) then settle in what I think is 3rd gear (oddity #2). Also, when it downshifts, I have tried mashing the pedal and sometimes that raises the rpm sometimes it doesn't appear to do anything. If I slow back down to a stop and go WOT, it seems to bang through the gears just fine. Also, from a stop, move shifter to 1 (just first gear) and accel, it will still shift in 2 and 3 (oddity #3).

So that is the issue as best I can describe. There were no shift issues before the above mods and can't think of even where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know if this will help but i teell you anyways. i was working on a 95 buick and the engine was nasty so i pressure washed it (battery disconnected) after i replace the intake and valve cover gaskets i was ready to take in on a test drive. when i did the car acted very odd no low end power and it shifted oddly. so i got back to the shop and hooked up the motis then i shall the issue. the tps senser was reading the right voltage at idle but it whould not repond to more trottle. and it was staying at 0% all the time. so i replace the tps and that fixed the issue. dont know if this will help but you cant always go by idle param.

Well, I forgot to update here... I figured out the problem... and I am dumb. There was a connector in the upper left of the engine bay (harness) that apparently somehow neglected to get fully connected :shrug:

Miraculously after it was securely locked together, all my issues went away. LOL.

There have been a couple other issues I have had with my car, but most are worked out now. IAC was causing bad hanging idle so I made my own delete plate (thanks miller high life can, LOL). Idling at about 750 now and there is still a bit of hang, but 90% is gone which is good enough for me. I bought a new IAC, and am thinking about taking off the delete plate, but it's running well now... Then my 70mm throttle body was not working properly (read 3200 rpm in park / neutral, yikes), so I changed to 65mm I had in the garage and car runs way better than with 70mm (was too big for setup) and all the issues seem to be under control now. Thanks for the help though!

Ben