95 Brake Booster Install In Fox

lxman

Nov 5, 2010
Avondale, AZ
I was thinking about making a thread on the easy and non destructive way to install a 95 brake booster ina Fox for those of you that want to for your 5 lug disk brake conversion. If I get enough people that are interested then I will. I can show you how to do it without beating or cutting your strut tower brace to hell and back for a nice clean install with pics. Let me know guys!

• Sponsors (?)

It's really not that big of a deal. I got mine in without any bashing of the tower. I think it was a 2-hour job start to finish. Looking back, fairly easy job. Might be helpful to actuall show people what is needed

Ok give me a bit to get everything together and i will do it. I did it in my 86 gt. Im doing this cuz i have seen a lot of people get frustrated cuz they have to cut or beat the cars. Im all about the clean build. I even proved our lead tech wrong that it could be done. Kinda funny. Main thing is just patience. So i will get stuff together and start taking pics today. Including my setup. Thanks guys!

I did this without beating the strut tower. The issue I had was with the brake light/safety switch hitting on the bracket inside the car. It would short out the brakes and fuse. I ended up just getting a 93 cobra booster which fit perfect without cutting or bashing anything and was very simple to install. good luck though.

When I did the 73 MM front disk/Turbo Coupe rear disk conversion on my previous 89 GT, I used the stock booster and a 94-95 Mustang master cylinder. The brakes worked great and I didn't have to change the stock brake booster, it worked fine. I had excellent pedal feel and very well balanced brakes.

When I installed mine, I found it easier to remove a few things in the way. Made it way easier.
DSC_0157.jpg

well i unfortunately had to hit the tower with a BFH and a punch to get it in there.. but its not visible unless u stick ur head back there. dont forget about also drilling out new holes for mounting and then as mentioned, the brake switch shorting out and blowing fuses. i had to use a 95 switch and mod it a bit to work

Well im not talking about a 93. Im talking about the 95. If people are gonna piss and moan about it, fine i wont try be a nice guy and help other mustang guys out. But if you would like me to, then be serious and let me know. Yeah some people already know how to but there are those that dont.

Well im not talking about a 93. Im talking about the 95. If people are gonna **** and moan about it, fine i wont try be a nice guy and help other mustang guys out. But if you would like me to, then be serious and let me know. Yeah some people already know how to but there are those that dont.
Uhm, you're not really talking about a 100% absolutely 100% stock 95 GT Booster.

I was thinking about making a thread on the easy and non destructive way to install a 95 brake booster ina Fox for those of you that want to for your 5 lug disk brake conversion. If I get enough people that are interested then I will. I can show you how to do it without beating or cutting your strut tower brace to hell and back for a nice clean install with pics. Let me know guys!

Sounds nice, huh. Kinda like "a thread on the biggest wheels that will fit on Fox".

In other words, it's semi-babble. :)

Let's talk facts, not interweb BS. :)

FACT: Ford has moved the firewall and strut tower many times between 85 and 93. How much, and EXACTLY when they moved (dates?) - ha, ha, ha. Someone has no clue about 80's and 90's car manufacturing and running changes, especially Ford in the 80's and 90's.

FACT: WTF do you mean by a "95 Booster"?
Find a '95 with 100 miles, in some garage, bash it's windows and steal it's Booster? ;)

If not, then you get "something". That "something" is semi random for a rebuilt. There's a good chance that it'll be close to a stock GT booster. There's also a chance that you can run across a highway at 1am and not get hit by a car. ;)

BTW, another FACT: Ford moved the exact FCA mounting points many times on a Fox Stang. That's one of the reasons why some people have no problems putting in an "XYZ" spring, and people like me ('86) have pure h*ll. Heck on the '86, I can't even take out the FCA bolts without dropping the rack. Tell that to some other Fox owners and they're like WTF are you talking about.

The point is that there are many "minor" differences in the Fox Stangs.

As for "a 95 booster fits fine just elongate the holes", that is NO WAY TRUE OR EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TRUE for a pre-87 Fox Stang! And, as I said, the year makes a difference, and the exact build date will also make a difference.

Also, this has been discussed a zillion times on here and the other site. Same BS gets rehashed - people with a 92/93 say how *******ing great the world is, everyone else tells them to stick the booster where the sun never shines. ;)

Hey don't piss him off, I want to see how he got a booster to fit in his '86 without beating on the strut tower, haha. If he's got some new trick, I'm all ears. I cut the studs on my booster, slotted the mounting holes, beat in the strut tower AND massaged in the corner of my booster to get it to fit.