95 Cobra Cutting off in Traffic, Restarts after 1-10 minutes, Help!

Parts stores these days are horrible. I called 3 Autozone stores and checked their website and they claim they can't get a distributor for a 95 5.0 Cobra. They have them for the GT but not Cobra.

They also couldn't get the pickup/stator/hall switch. Of course, they had one for the GT.

So I visit my local Advance Auto and they have two pickups with two different plugs. They say both fit the 5.0 Cobra. I know I need the round pigtail plug but how dumb are these guys? Do some research!

My question is, will the distributor they claim is for the GT fit my Cobra? If yes, why do they offer a steel gear or a cast gear?

• Sponsors (?)

Parts stores these days are horrible. I called 3 Autozone stores and checked their website and they claim they can't get a distributor for a 95 5.0 Cobra. They have them for the GT but not Cobra.

They also couldn't get the pickup/stator/hall switch. Of course, they had one for the GT.

So I visit my local Advance Auto and they have two pickups with two different plugs. They say both fit the 5.0 Cobra. I know I need the round pigtail plug but how dumb are these guys? Do some research!

My question is, will the distributor they claim is for the GT fit my Cobra? If yes, why do they offer a steel gear or a cast gear?

I wonder if it's bad cross referencing. It seems to me that some Vans use a remote mounted TFI but a cast dizzy gear. Both dizzy's would look similar otherwise.

there is no difference that i know of. get the GT one and use that.
i got a re-man'd one for 100 i think.

I also replaced the pip on mine in my garage with no special tools....worked fine
you can drive the gear off if your careful, and when you install it, heat it up good and it will slip right on. Much cheaper....i would do that first.