95 Efi Valve Cover Issues

Mustangfiveo

Nov 14, 2014
Hey guys I've never posted, but been looking to you guys for answers fit a long time. Issue..I got 1.6rr and some brand new tall carburetor vc. I've heard you can't use carb vc on efi cuz it'll make it run lean. I'm having trouble even finding tall efi vc. And I guess obviously stock height vc won't clear 1.6rr? Setup afr 185s eddy performer intake lunati 51014 Mac long tubes 70 mm tb

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

If you wanted to use the carb valve covers, you could cap off the PCV hoses and go to breathers (bad from an emissions standpoint), otherwise you'll want to match the stock configuration (passenger valve cover near filler taking in metered air from the hose that went there on the stock valve covers, and plugging the breather hole on the driver's valve cover).

You may find with any taller valve cover will have a hard time clearing the stock intake (though I don't know if that's true for the performer) and might need a spacer which will then make the intake have a hard time clearing the strut tower brace / hood, and the stock valve cover will have a hard time clearing non-stock rockers. If it's not too late to return your 1.6's, the Crane pedestal-mount 1.7's (shim adjusted) clear the stock valve covers just fine and work beautifully.