'95 feels like it is going to stall.

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Jvinz, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Jvinz

Jvinz New Member

I bought this car really cheap about 4 years ago. $1000 for a '95, cheap, cheap. Mainly because of my sisters history with this exact model/generation. She's been through it all with her '96. Anyway, last year I had problems with this car. I'd be driving then it would buck a few times and feel like it was going to stall (at this point I've actually earned money on it, since I was hit by an old geezer and his insurance paid what they thought the car was worth.. ) I replaced the spark plugs and the car seemed to run like new again. I let my parents drive it a good 3000 miles or so. They claimed the car ran great with no minor problems. Then I let my GF use it as a daily driver, she probably put around 10,000 miles on it with no problems, no concerns with stalling, then she got her own vehicle.. I let my 'stang sit for about 6 months. I recently started driving it again... After about 2 months, it is starting to feel like it did before I replaced the spark plugs... I'm quite certain that these spark plugs can handle 20,000 miles or so... But it feels like they are at the end of their lives.

Any idea what should I check first on this vehicle before driving it again? I just don't want to stall out on a busy road.
  2. MustangLX-5.0

MustangLX-5.0 Founding Member

Plugs should last 20k to 30k miles..or more.Depends on how you drive it.Now if anyone that drove it (your gf) got on the gas a lot then the plugs could be dirty.Check the plugs anyway.And while your at it,check the wires if you havn't replaced them yet.Also,if the car sat for 6 months without being driven,then it's quite possible you got poor quality fuel in the tank.That crap will muck up the plugs very fast.