95 Gt 5.0 Body Swap

Discussion in 'Fox Engine Swaparoo' started by Jerry Michael Faulk Jr, Jun 8, 2012.

1. I dont like my style gt and i was wondering if it would be possible to drop a 99-03 gt or cobra body on my frame???
  2. Since the Mustangs are unibody, you don't have a solid frame to drop any body you want onto it.
  3. So what do u figure i do, i want a newer look but keep my engine trans and rear end since i have put ALOT of money into it
  4. Find a nice body kit. That's all I can think to do. Or find and entire car that you like, but has a blown up motor and tranny and start swappin'.
    ratio411 likes this.
  5. Anything is possible with cubic dollars...
    What you suggest though, it would be cheaper to find a later model car, buy it, then swap your entire guts over to the newer body.
    In order to use your drivetrain, you would have to swap wiring harness and all. Even gauges, ECM, etc...

Still cheaper than modding a unibody car to look like another.
  6. Would be nice though.
    I have seen only one or two cars done like you propose, and they were sweet!
    You definitely would have something you don't see at every show or on every corner!
  7. ...to include empty pockets...
  8. LOL, i hope this is a joke
  9. I like the body style of the 94-98... As time goes on and styling progresses i think the 94-98 shines. Only way i would think of switching to the newer style is if it came with 4 cams and a blower.