95 GT auto to 5 speed swap

daviszx3

Jun 3, 2007
maryland
i got a 95 GT with a auto and im going to be swapping out the auto for a 5 speed and need some info from u guys i've done some research but still not found a good write up of what exactly i need or around what its gonna cost me...so if anyone has write up of the procedure, parts needed and a price tag it would really be appreciated thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, I don't have time to write a long reply, also -- I did this in a foxbody -- I swapped the t5 in my wrecked car to my new gt. replaced (off the top of my head) pedal assembly, pilot bearing, new clutch/pp, new throwout bearing, new clutch fork, had a steel throwout bearing retainer and speedo drive gear put in transmission(4.30 gears), new speedo gear, new clutch quadrant, put in a firewall adjuster -- had to buy a bunch of bolts(flywheel,bellhousing,shifter,new dowel pins, pp bolts), interior trim, shift knob, shifter... probably more I'm forgetting.

Spent $1k or maybe a little less, bought stuff I didn't really 100% need to replace, but wanted to beef it up a little as well.

Thats way to much money....Find a 5spd stang in yard and just convert it all over.I have done a few of these and its a breeze,and with my broke ass friends it didn't come anywhere near $1,000$.We even rebuilt the t-5($250.00)I'd say 400.00 if you rebuild it yourself.if its just a throw together and drive situation 150.00 on half price day at your local yard.

Goodluck bud:nice:

Granted my T5 / pedal assembly were "free" -- I spent money on all new HD clutch components, ARP bolts, polyurethane trans mount, pedals, etc -- the new parts I ordered came out to $750 + $200 of transmission work. It's a gamble with junkyard parts, but if you're on a budget, go cheap and don't be surprised when something breaks. :nice: