95 GT in 93 Body?

1970fastback

Aug 31, 2004
Hello, all..

I have a rather interesting opportunity and I wasn't sure if I should take it or pass..

Basically, I've got an opportunity to get my hands on a complete, running, but body damaged 1995 Mustang GT. It has only 80K miles and is a 5-speed with black leather, etc..

I currently own a 1993 car with a 4 banger in it that I've been kind of letting sit while trying to figure out what to do with it.. I've got a black carpet for the car, but it has red on the rest of it..

Now, the question: what will it take to move everything over, and is it really worth it to do so? My other option would be to buy a '94 to '98 V6 and convert it to V8 with the '95 parts..

I'm throwing this out and would love to hear any and all opinions both good and bad..

Thanks!

Aaron

• Sponsors (?)

You could go either way. Using the 95 parts on the 93, you have everything necessary to convert it to a V8, and also 5 lug. You'd probably want/have to pick up a few odds and ends here and there like fuel or brake lines, but everything else would absolutely bolt on to the 93 chassis. Personally, I'd go for the 94-98 body, but I'm biased since I currently have a 95, and think it's a much more solid car to start with. I had a 90 GT before, and it was a rattle infested beast, and I've really never had any regret on trading up for the 95. Not to mention, with the 95, I got 4 wheel disk brakes, more comfortable seats, a more solid car that handles better, and the biggest thing I hated with the Fox, I was able to find in the 95. I have a tilt wheel! This is all purely my opinion though.

I think I've seen the front of the motor is different :shrug:

You might have to source Fox brackets and some Fox accessories :shrug:

Could you sell the Fox and SN drive train for enough to buy a 5.0 Stang :shrug:

Grady

The front of the motor is different, but it should not affect you in a fox. Its basically shorter than a fox package so that theres more room in front of the engine. You shouldnt really have any issues at all if you have the other car right there.

Personally though, I'd find a newer v6 and do the conversion. It was pretty easy, and was far cheaper then trying to buy a GT.