'95 GT Long Tubes

final5-0 said:
I did not know about your plans to go for the extra cubes :D

The larger lt's will be right at home on that motor :nice:

I'd like to go with a Windsor some day :banana:

Later
Grady

haha, well i wish it was a choice and not a "must". I was gonna go 347...but to do it right, which there is no other way to do it, its gonna cost $$$$$$$. Im hoping after i sale my headers, intake, etc that i will be able to get the 351 in for cheaper and set a stronger foundation for even more cubic inches in the future. :D

• Sponsors (?)

nmcgrawj said:
Hey guys,

Just as an alternative to Kooks and the others, Accufab has custom headers too http://accufabracing.com/exhaust.htm#HeadBolts that seem to be up there with kooks and have great quality. They come with a paint that will burn off so i plan on using por 15 high temp paint that looks like the headers below. They also have a black finish. These are the pictures of a guy off the corral took when he sold them on ebay.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I talked to the header guy at Accufab and he is great to work with. Explains everything about all the different designs out there...search on hardcore50.com about some stuff too. His name is George Klass. He told me about the spiral scavenging affect by placing the tubes correctly in the collector so that they pull the gases out better i think. Im still a little confused as to how u build it. And how a lot of guys think too big when running headers...1 3/4" should be plenty for MOST applications. Its like an hour glass...like he told me....the bottom doesnt change how fast the sand comes down. Only the middle part. So having header primaries that are much bigger than your actual exhaust valve is pointless.

Anyway, i paid $500 for these 1 3/4" long tube headers.

Did you order from accufab directly? i just checked there website, looks good, i suppose you cant go wrong and there alot cheaper then custom headers

igotyofire said:
Did you order from accufab directly? i just checked there website, looks good, i suppose you cant go wrong and there alot cheaper then custom headers

Those arent accufab headers in that picture. Those are bbk's im pretty sure that were chrome then they were sandblasted and painted with the por 15 paint.

I called Accufab directly and asked for George Klass. He is a great guy to work with. These ARE custom headers. They make them when you order them...it takes about 3 weeks to get out. They are all j bends so its 1 3/4" all the way through. They seem to be top knotch.

nmcgrawj said:
Those arent accufab headers in that picture. Those are bbk's im pretty sure that were chrome then they were sandblasted and painted with the por 15 paint.

I called Accufab directly and asked for George Klass. He is a great guy to work with. These ARE custom headers. They make them when you order them...it takes about 3 weeks to get out. They are all j bends so its 1 3/4" all the way through. They seem to be top knotch.

when i said looks good i meant the accufab ones, i googled accufab headers and came up with some pics on the site, seems like a great option other then ur typical bbk and mac

http://www.accufabracing.com/exhaust.htm