95 GT vs 2004 EVO

1. Evos dont cost 38, try more 28+

2. they dont have a 2.5! its a 2.0 Liter with a big 16 G turbo

3. your cousin doesnt know what he or she is doing and thats why the tranny is gone. The clutches are pieces of crap though and WILL go out very quickly after misuse.... launching = misuse.

I dont like the evo and would take an STi any day over the evo 8

P.S. Evos dont scare me from a stop

• Sponsors (?)

the clutch and tranny went because she is driving it like a normal rwd or fwd 5spd car...revving it up and dumping the clutch...many evo owners are lucky the clutches are POSs because if they were a real strong clutch, forget it...they will be blowing out trannies and differentials like its their job. AWD cars are not ment for the strip and need to be THRASHED on to get good times. Race from a 1st or 2nd gear roll on(wherever you can get some traction) and it might be a totally different ball game because it takes away their launch advantage and makes them your average 250+ flywheel hp car(nothing special AT ALL). Also another thing, ive read before that Evos run much better with the stock "blowoff" setup. since it recirculates the air back into the motor and that running an aftermarket BOV can cause some issues like running rather rich, and some run like crap(idle is all f'ed up and the studder and the whole 9) with aftermarket BOV's....your cousin should look into that.

Anthony

blubullitt said:
I ran into one in the other vehicle a 01 bullitt with nitorus and a few other mods. Wasnt even close i beat it by about 2 car lengths I let the evo launch and just took off normal. Knew there was no point in beating on my car trying to pull off a perfect launch and the thing still gets me out the hole. There quick off the line mainly due to that awd but there nothing to scary from a roll remember theres some serious drivetrain loss power has to go through two differiantals.

i dont know what you mean by drivetrain loss, off the line or while driving? because awd isnt full time 4 wheel drive, it works like how our limited slip rear ends work, not sure if you knew or not.

cb18201 said:
i dont know what you mean by drivetrain loss, off the line or while driving? because awd isnt full time 4 wheel drive, it works like how our limited slip rear ends work, not sure if you knew or not.
Driveline loss is well established for cars like the Evo and STi. Figure 25-30%. They put about the same power to the wheels as a 260 bhp Mustang GT. Without the launch, they are not rockets -- 5-60 on an STi is just under 6 seconds, which is just O.K.

Dave

yeah, while its true AWD is VERY different than 4WD there still is a greater driveline loss on the Evo than say our cars. for a manual RWD car it is pretty accepted that you lose about 15% of your power from the motor to the wheels....on an Evo it is closer to 25%.

i dont understand how you would lose more if its front wheel drive, can someone explain this, if it is front wheel drive wouldnt it make more sense for it to lose less because it doesnt have to travel through a long driveshaft to the rear of the car? becaues its going stragiht to the axles in the front.

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
your assumption makes sense...all i know is that AWD cars do loose more through the drivetrain...Mitsubishi used to actually give the GSX(AWD turbo) eclipse 5 more horsepower over the GS-T(FWD turbo) to attempt to make up for it...

Anthony

i dont see how it would lose more just caues its all wheel drive, all wheel drive only works when the front right wheel slips, it dispenses an equal amount of torque to the other 3 wheels kinda like how our cars work, its not like there are always 4 wheel actaully driving like 4 wheel drive where it would lose power because there are 4 wheels driving by themselves and not one wheel driving with 3 rolling like on every other car. oh well, im gonna leave this alone, i have this thing where i always wanna know how everything work, kinda sucks lol

EVO's modded are fast period. Stock they are spunky but I know peeps that are pushing 350 rwhp with BOV and boost kits with a little exhaust work. I saw my buddy rip 1.6 60's and low-mid 12's all day @ MIR on street tires. They are light as hell to. To each his own, I love American Iron Horsepower and rumble!
50.gif

I saw some bad asz drift cars on "Rides" last night on TLC.

cb18201 said:
i dont see how it would lose more just caues its all wheel drive, all wheel drive only works when the front right wheel slips, it dispenses an equal amount of torque to the other 3 wheels kinda like how our cars work, its not like there are always 4 wheel actaully driving like 4 wheel drive where it would lose power because there are 4 wheels driving by themselves and not one wheel driving with 3 rolling like on every other car. oh well, im gonna leave this alone, i have this thing where i always wanna know how everything work, kinda sucks lol
Why AWD cars loose power, why do import people put blue lights underneath there cars, why doesnt donald trump buy some hair with all those millions of dollars. Who the hell knows all I know is its a fact, ha one of lifes great mysteries I guess. He wouldnt need nowhere near 30k either to catch it im thinking more like 4-5k. I spanked one in a bullitt with about 2,000 worth of mods and no the evo wasnt stock.

94SC50 said:
EVO's modded are fast period. Stock they are spunky but I know peeps that are pushing 350 rwhp with BOV and boost kits with a little exhaust work. I saw my buddy rip 1.6 60's and low-mid 12's all day @ MIR on street tires. They are light as hell to. To each his own, I love American Iron Horsepower and rumble!
50.gif

I saw some bad asz drift cars on "Rides" last night on TLC.

Yeah, I came up on a bright yellow 04 Evolution on the highway a couple months ago. I pulled up next to the guy and he started smiling and revved up the engine and DAMN, I could hear his BOV over my car...my window wasn't even down.

I was like, Ohhh crap, I'm finally gonna lose (for the first time since upgrading H/C/I and exhaust). But he counted off three honks, and away I went. He seemed pissed and signaled that he wanted to go again. So I obliged, and pulled even harder the second time. He gave me the nod after the second run and I gave him the thumbs up.

His car was really nice, and I noticed some massive Brembos up front. It also said RallyArt on his car. Does anyone know if that is on all of them or is it like an SVT?

Evidently, the Brembo brakes are stock. When I bought my wife's Montero Sport, there were 2 Evo's in the showroom. Needless to say, I couldn't resist checking them out. Both had Brembos up front, Recaro seats, etc. As far as the price, around here they average around 27-28k new, no where near 38k.

I dunno for sure about the 38k sticker price but im just going by what she told me. Im working on my engine mods soon. Its kinda hard to do anything right now. Being active duty in the military.And working my ass off. I got the dough but no time to do anything. Winter up here in the north last forever so i will have plenty time to do what i plan. Im thinking either a supercharger or 347 stroker kit. NOt sure which one. Along with heads intake and all the good stuff. Anyone got some suggestions?