95 Mustang 5.0

EndingLife

May 31, 2009
Hello all, i'm new to this website. I was wondering around how much estimated horsepower i have and about what i'd run in the 1/4 mile. I have a 95 Mustang 5.0convertable...basic bolt-ons. GT-40 upper and lower intake, off road h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, k&n air filter ( minus the silencer ) bypassed smog pump, timing bumped up to about *13

When i got the car stock it ran 15.50 @ 89.9 mph

I was wondering with the basic mod's i've done about what i'd run, and about how many horses i'd have. My friend owns a 02 Mustang GT Convertable, with a MAC catback, off road H pipe, and cold air intake. We've been talking about racing but haven't yet, what are my chances of beating him from a dead stop or a slop 25MPH roll..Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

240hp ish?
and that might put you into the high 14s, if not low 15s. You should really look into some gears, like 3.73 or 4.10 for your car. You'll probably lose to your buddy's 4.6. Our cars aren't anything special when they're mostly stock. :(

From a roll, It's gonna be down to the driver, from a roll, you'll probably lose.
Thats what i've noticed when I've been around the two body styles.

Yeah i REALLY need some gears, 2:73's aren't cutting it. I think 3:73's would be nice since it's my daily driver. What's involved in installing gears on an automatic tranny. I have someone who can do it, but do i need to do any tuning? will the AODE tranny shift right with 3:73's???

Look up some threads on the install of gears. I would just have a shop do it, unless you know someone whose done it before. All you have to do is recalibrate your speedometer. Although a shift kit will help out a bunch with the automatic transmission. Also, since your with the auto, I wouldn't go higher than 3.73, and just turbo it (in the future).
Thats my opinion... We'll see what everyone else tells you.

hmmm, i ran my friend when i just had the h pipe and mufflers, it was neck to neck..i figured with the gt40- upper and lower, k&n - the silencer, timing bump, bypassed smogpump, i'd pick up a good 15-20 horses, but i think i can beat him now

Yeah between your gears and that auto the car is just gonna be slow no matter how you look at it. I would definitely do 4.10s if I were you.

X2 :D I have a 95 GT with 3.73's and an auto, and a 95 GT with stock gears (not sure exactly what gear) and a 5-speed. The 5-speed is much peppier and feels faster than the slush-box auto. There's no way to describe the difference between a manual and an auto, you just have to experience them yourself.

Well i ran my friend in his 02 last night, we ran 5 different races. dead stop, 1st gear roll, 2nd gear roll, i won 3 out of 5, the 1st gear roll i ate him pretty bad, more than 2 car lengths, won the dead stop by about half a car, and lost the 2nd gear roll. This was on the way home from the track, made 2 passes, still the stock gears...ran 14.55@93 and 14.38 @ 93.5