95 mustang power seat

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by 2bfeared, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 2bfeared

2bfeared New Member

Hey guys,

I have a 95 mustang GT, with the power seat option. On the driver's seat, I can get the seat to move back, up and down, but not forward.

I can't seem to figure it out. I have taken out the rack and it appears that its still on the track. I can't really find a way to take apart the motor to check that or the gears.

Are there any suggestions on what it might be or how to dis-assemble the rack to check? Or do I have to replace the entire rack?

Thanks,

Shawn
  2. 95Monky

95Monky Member

maybe the contact inside the switch for that position has became corroded a gear has stripped out.
  3. 2bfeared

2bfeared New Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention that when I do use the switch, it sounds as though the motor engages, but I only hear clicking when I try to move it forward.

I can push the seat with some force while engaging the motor and it will move, but it definately doesn't work correctly.

Is a gear is stripped, do I replace the motor or the entire rack (which I don't want to do)? The rack is just 480 dollars on Late model restoration, and around 180ish for a used one on ebay. I would rather not spend that kind of dough on something like this!
  4. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here? SN Certified Technician

I had the same issue. Mine was a stripped plastic gear.

I swapped to a manual track since I don't move the seat. You do lose some leg room if using the manual track.
  5. Chythar

Chythar Well-Known Member

I found that, over time the white lithium grease thickens up and won't let the track move. I cleaned off the grease and applied new white lithium grease, and my track moves like new again. Might be worth a try.
  6. andr3w51

andr3w51 New Member

i got a whole new power seat track, switch, and seat at the junk yard for like 40 bucks and it works great. 50resto wanted like 350$
  7. nicks94

nicks94 New Member

li had the same problem i just took the motor apart and there was a gear that craked down the side so i put a pin through it and now it works perfect
  8. GRAYFOXGT/CS

GRAYFOXGT/CS New Member

My 94 50 wouldnt go back without a fight but worked all other ways took her apart and it didnt have enough grease to engage recently my 07 wouldnt go foward took it to the shop and turns out the track was slightly bent dealers wanted 450 for it good thing it was still under warranty.